Mecklenburg County Court House, Charlotte, North Carolina
Item — Box: 1 [F09.157.03.05]
- Payne, Eugene G. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Biographical / Historical
The Mecklenburg County Court House, depicted in the drawing, is the fifth court house for the county. It was built on a city block bounded by Trade Street, Fourth Street, Alexander Street, and Myers Street. Construction was completed in 1928 at a cost of $1,000,000. It replaced the former Court House built in 1896.
From the Collection: 0.25 Linear Feet
From the Collection: English
2 copies of a black and white drawing by Eugene Payne.