UNC Charlotte Special Collections J. Murrey Atkins Library - Special Collections & University Archives

Skip to main content

Charlotte Law Building minutes

 Collection — Box: 1 [F09.071.02.01]
Identifier: MS0239

Scope and Contents

Minutes of meetings of the stockholders and board of directors of a corporation organized in 1926 to construct a new law building. The building - designed by Louis H. Asbury and located on East Avenue (now East Trade Street) was demolished in the mid-1990s to make way for a new county jail facility.

Dates

  • 1926-1948

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.

Extent

1 Linear Feet

Arrangement

Includes a minute book (1926-39) and loose minutes (1940-48) [foldered and filed in front of minute book].

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift of Marcia Hart, 1997.

Related Materials

Louis H. Asbury Papers (UNCC Manuscript 145).
Title
Charlotte Law Building minutes
Status
Completed
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte Repository

Contact:
Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte 28223 United Stated