UNC Charlotte Special Collections J. Murrey Atkins Library - Special Collections & University Archives

Skip to main content

Blythe and Isenhour, Inc. records

Identifier: MS0165

Scope and Contents

Records of a general contractor founded in 1909 by John F. Blythe and William L. Isenhour, Sr. The Charlotte firm of Blythe and Isenhour operated until 1989. They were most noted for building the Charlotte Supply Company Building in 1924/25. It was later added to the National Register of Historic Places but has been demolished. Other historical places the company built were Joseph Sykes Brothers Company Building, and Hamilton C. Jones III House (or The Stone House). Twenty seven volumes include job books (1922-86), ledgers (1909-42), cashbooks (1923-47), and a time book (1909-10).


  • 1909 - 1986


Language of Materials


Physical Description

27 volumes (2 linear feet).

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.


2 Linear Feet


Twenty seven volumes, including job books, ledgers, cashbooks, and time book.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift of William L. Isenhour Jr., 1989.

Physical Description

27 volumes (2 linear feet).



Blythe and Isenhour, Inc. records
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note

Repository Details

Part of the Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte Repository

Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte 28223 United Stated