Scope and Contents
Contains facsimiles and original copies of publications primarily related to the political career, death or assasination of prominent presidents of the United States.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
1 Linear Feet
Newspapers, magazines and other ephemera relating to presidents of the United States. Contains items concerning the political careers and deaths of George Washington (1800), Abraham Lincoln (1865), James A. Garfield (1881), Ulysses S. Grant (1885), William McKinley (1901), Warren G. Harding (1923), Franklin D. Roosevelt (1945), and John F. Kennedy (1963). Also includes text of Calvin Coolidge's acceptance speech (1924), and an issue of Newsweek regarding the attempted assasination (1981) of Ronald Reagan.
The collection is organized in a single chronological series.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Processed by Robin Brabham and James Kusik, 2003.
- Coolidge, Calvin
- Garfield, James A. (James Abram)
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson)
- Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel)
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald)
- Lincoln, Abraham
- Presidents -- United States
- Reagan, Ronald
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano)
- United States -- Politics and government
- Washington, George
- Presidential papers
- Finding Aid Written by Robin Brabham and James Kusik
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note