WFAE Radio records
- 1970 - 1992
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Organization)
In Septmeber 1978, WFAE secured FCC approval to move to 90.7 MHz at 100,000 watts. The change necessitated an upgraded facility, which finished construction in June 1981. On June 29, 1981 it became North Carolia's third NPR member station.
In 1986, the station moved off of the campus of UNC Charlotte to its current location in the One University Place buildling. The following year the station began 24 hour broadcasting.
In 1993, UNC Charlotte ended its support for the station, and handed over control to a nonprofit community board, the University Radio Foundation. The foundation still owns the station.
2.5 Linear Feet (2 document cases)
- WFAE Radio records
- July 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.
Part of the University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-687-1170] Repository
Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte NC 28223 United States