Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Summary A collection of alphabetical subject files maintained by Dr. Barbara A. Goodnight in her role as Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs from 1980-1997.
Dates: 1980 - 1997
Overview Annie Alexander was born in Mecklenberg County, NC in 1864 and graduated from Woman's Medical College in Philadelphia in 1884. She returned to North Carolina in 1887 as the first woman to practice medicine in the South. The collection includes letters she wrote to her father, Dr. John Brevard Alexander, while a student and intern at the Women's Medical College in Philadelphia (1884-85); patient records; financial accounts; essays on medical topics; and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1881 - 1929
- Names: Goodnight, Barbara A. X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Education, Higher -- Administration 1
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Eugenics 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) 1