Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview In this series of sixteen interviews, Gail E. Haley, a prolific author born in Charlotte, North Carolina and the first of only two authors to win the American Caldecott Medal and the British Kate Greenaway Medal for picture book illustration, discusses her life and career as a children’s author and illustrator. Throughout the interviews, Ms. Haley describes her artistic process, detailing her inspirations and research as well as techniques she employed and pioneered in order to illustrate her...
Dates: 2005 - 2009
Overview Papers and selected art work of Haley. The collection includes drafts of her books, printing blocks and color separations for some of her illustrations. Gail Haley was the first person to win both the Caldecott (American) and the Greenway (British) awards for children's book illustration.
Dates: 1842 - 2005
- Names: Haley, Gail E. X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Authors, American -- North Carolina 1
- Children's stories, American 1
- Fairy tales 1
- Folklore -- United States 1
- Interviews (Sound recordings) 1