Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Primarily financial records concerning appropriations and expenditures of the city government, 1890s-1920s. Includes material relating to the overall budget and to schools, taxes, business licenses, payrolls, and Elmwood and Pinewood cemeteries. Also includes a copy of the petition (1919) to incorporate Myers Park and photographs of 25 mayors (ca. 1853-ca. 1953) and of 8 city commissioners (ca. 1917-ca. 1925).
Dates: 1853 - 1957; 1895 - 1920
Overview Programs for musical, dramatic, and other cultural events held primarily in the Charlotte area. Includes programs from such groups as the Charlotte Opera Association (1962-86) and its successor, Opera Carolina (1986-92), Charlotte Summer Theatre (1962-69), Charlotte Symphony (1970-93), Little Theatre (1962-76), Mint Museum of Art (1963-77), North Carolina Dance Theater (1992-2000) and Oratorio Singers (1969-94).
Dates: 1897 - 2015; 1935 - 2015
Overview Material relating to the treaty terminating U.S. ownership of the Panama Canal. Contains letters, speeches, and position statements of U.S. Senators, including Jesse Helms and Robert Morgan of North Carolina. Also contains copies of the 1903 and 1977 treaties, U.S. government publications, pamphlets and articles by private interest groups, and Panamanian publications.
Dates: 1973 - 1978; 1977 - 1978
Overview Pamphlets, broadsides, newspapers, and other printed items published by various radical groups based largely in the Midwest, especially Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Material addresses such issues as the Vietnam War; United States political involvement in Latin America and other regions; civil rights, racism, and black power; socialism and communism and their relevance to the United States; economics and labor; and women's liberation.
Dates: 1960 - 1975; 1968 - 1975
- Names: J. Murrey Atkins Library. University Archives X
- Canal Zone 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Choral societies -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Little theater movement 1
- Milwaukee (Wis.) 1
- Municipal government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Music -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Societies, etc. 1
- Music -- Performance -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- New Left -- United States 1
- Panama -- Foreign relations -- United States 1
- Panama Canal (Panama) 1
- Panama Canal Treaties (1977) 1
- Performing arts -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Public records -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Right and left (Political science) -- United States 1
- Underground press publications 1
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Panama 1
- United States -- History -- 1961-1969 1 ∧ less