Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Summary Institutional papers of Charlotte College Center (1946-1949). Includes correspondence and other materials relating to administrative functions, policy development, procedure establishment, academics, athletics, and student involvement.
Overview The collection contains papers produced by Jack Claiborne over the course of his career in journalism and media communications, beginning in 1941 and spanning until his retirement as the Associate Vice Chancellor of Public Relations at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte in 2000 (a few items come after that date). The collection also includes many of the speeches he delivered at public events, editorials he wrote while working for the Charlotte Observer, and research notes and drafts...
Dates: 1941 - 2006
Overview Personal papers of Dean Wallace Colvard (1913-2007), the first chancellor of UNC Charlotte (1966-1978). Includes files regarding his employment at North Carolina’s Brevard College; Swannanoa, North Carolina’s Mountain Research Farms; and at North Carolina State, Mississippi State University, and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, as well as his involvement with various organizations and committees such as the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics and his numerous...
Dates: 1930 - 2007
Overview Personal papers of Cone, director and president of Charlotte College (1947-65) and vice chancellor of student affairs and community relations, UNC Charlotte (1966-73). Includes correspondence, biographical material, files relating to local civic organizations, records as trustee of Coker College, and cassette recordings and transcripts of interviews.
Dates: 1955 - 1994
Overview Papers of a key supporter of UNC Charlotte, relating to his membership on the boards of Charlotte College and UNCC, the UNC system, and other state-wide groups concerned with higher education. Includes material concerning the case of Wynn v. Charlotte Community College System involving the construction of separate campuses for predominately white Charlotte College and predominately black Carver College (1958-61); the East Carolina Medical School controversy (1970-74); and the restructuring of...
Dates: 1951 - 1977; 1957 - 1976
Overview Manuscripts and research material including drafts and notes, transcripts and tapes. Copies of the book in various stages of printing are also included.
Dates: 1963 - 1977
Overview The J. Kenneth Sanford papers consist almost entirely of his rough drafts that eventually formed his book "Charlotte and UNC Charlotte: Growing Up Together." The collection also contains some of the photographs that Sanford used to illustrate his book. This book was published in 1996.
Dates: circa 1995
Overview The UNC Charlotte Institutional Memory collection consists of oral history interviews about the life and culture and UNC Charlotte. The collection includes interviews with and about Bonnie Cone, administration, faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Names: University of North Carolina at Charlotte--History X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 6
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 1
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 6
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Agriculture 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, N.C. : 1916) 1
- College presidents -- Southern States 1
- College sports -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Community and college -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Community colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education, Higher -- Administration 1
- Interviews (Sound recordings) 1
- Journalists, American 1
- Memorandums 1
- Newspaper editors 1
- Oral histories 1
- Segregation in higher education -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- University City (Charlotte, N.C.) 1 ∧ less