Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview Papers of the Caldwell and Davidson families of Rosedale plantation in Mecklenburg County, N.C. Includes medical account books (1824-47) of Dr. David Thomas Caldwell; land records and surveys (1833-1942); journal (1837) of Sarah Frew Davidson; correspondence (1861-1984); plantation account books (1869-85); and photographs of family members and of Rosedale, including images of the latter by Frances Benjamin Johnston and Bayard Wootten.
Dates: 1779 - 1997; 1824 - 1986
Collection — Oversize Box: 1 [F09.097.03.04]
Overview The collection contains photographs of Isaac Pearson Caldwell and Samuel Craighead Caldwell V. There is also a video program by Kate Pearson Caldwell Gilreath concerning her family's genealogy.
Dates: 1990 - 1994
Overview The William Gueston Carter, Jr., Papers primarily contain diaries that Carter recorded from 1975 to 1998, documenting in minute detail everything that he did, as well as the weather conditions in Cornelius, North Carolina, where he lived.
Dates: 1931 - 1998
Collection — Box: SFC3 [F09.090.03.01], Folder: 294
Overview Photocopied papers of the Caldwell family of Charlotte, N.C., and the Hutchison family of York District (Rock Hill), S.C. Contains a diary by Adeline Caldwell, the second wife of Dr. D.T. Caldwell of Rosedale Plantation in Charlotte, N.C. Includes miscellaneous papers of related families, including the Boulware family, the Moore family, the Rawlinson family, the Springs family and the Stokes family.
Dates: 1844 - 1922
Overview Papers of the Patterson family of northern Mecklenburg County, mainly concerning their business activities, real estate purchases, wills and family correspondence. Also includes papers from several related families, especially their Cumming, Hodges, Potts, and Sloan connections.
Dates: 1761 - 1999
Overview Papers of Kenneth Wilson Whitsett, a Charlotte historian, artist, and co-founder of Pictorial Engraving Co. In 1934 Kenneth and two of his brothers, Lemuel and Theron, established the Pictorial Engraving Company. He painted murals for the Charlotte City Club and the Orange County Historical Museum in Hillsborough. He was one of the original members of the board of directors for the Mint Museum of Art (1934-1938).
Dates: 1824 - 1975
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) 2
- Agriculture -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Social life and customs 1
- DVDs 1
- Families -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Genius and mental illness 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- Genealogy 1
- Meteorology -- Observers' manuals 1
- Photographs 1
- Plantation life -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Presbyterian Church -- North Carolina -- Davidson 1
- Presbyterian Church -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- North Carolina 1
- Slavery -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Slaves -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County -- Photographs 1
- Videocassettes 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- York County (S.C.) 1 ∧ less