Showing Collections: 11 - 19 of 19
Overview The collection contains Harrell family manuscript autobiographies and the musical composition of Ho! For Carolina.
Dates: 1823 - 1903
Overview The collection contains a wide variety of materials, including a slave bill-of-sale, letters, land conveyancing papers for land for the Andrew Jackson historic site, DAR papers for the Mecklenburg Chapter, and obituaries for Henderson family members (Willis Irwin Henderson and Perrin Quarles Henderson).
Dates: 1812 - 2007
Overview The Irwin Family Papers is a small manuscript collection, consisting mostly of letters, bills of sale (including bills of sale for enslaved people), real estate deeds and genealogical notes of a family of Charlotte, North Carolina, primarily during the nineteenth century.
Dates: 1775 - 1931
Overview The collection contains four items: a letter (and a handwritten copy), dated April 24, 1885; An Extract From General A. P. Hill’s Report of the Battle of Gettysburg; and a handwritten item entitled “Our Confederate Dead / Mecklenburg County, NC. / Roll of Honor,” collected by General James H. Lane.
Dates: 1884 - 1885
Collection — Box: SFC4 [F09.090.03.02], Folder: 415
Overview Contains a small assortment of papers (13 items) generated by the officers of the 11th North Carolina Infantry Regiment (also known as the 11th North Carolina Troops) between 1862 and 1863. These papers illustrate routine activities involved in commanding a Confederate regiment.
Dates: 1862 - 1863
Overview Bound volume of typescripts of 112 letters written to his parents in Salem, N.C., while a student at Nazareth Hall, a Moravian boarding school in Pennsylvania (1858-60); a Confederate Army soldier in eastern North Carolina and Virginia (1863-65); a medical student at the University of Pennsylvania (1865-67); and a student and traveler in Europe (1867-69). Includes biographical material.
Dates: 1858 - 1965
Collection — Box: SFC3 [F09.090.03.01], Folder: 245
Overview Three-page letter (12-15-1864) from Andrew Baxter Springs to Confederate Congressman F. B. Sexton. In the letter, Springs expresses his optimism about the Civil War, with specific references about Union general William T. Sherman and Confederate commander Robert E. Lee. Springs also extends an invitation to Sexton to spend the Congressional holiday recess with him at his plantation, "Springfield." [Correspondence from Sexton to Springs is available in the Springs Family Papers in the Southern...
Overview Two letters written by Private Samuel J. Stuart (also spelled “Stewart”) to his sister (otherwise unidentified), dated May 25, 1862, and April 20, 1863, concerning camp life with Company C of the 37th NC Infantry Regiment.
Dates: 1862 - 1863
Overview Papers of Hugh Torance (1743-1816) and his descendants, including, and especially, his son, James Galbraith Torrance (sic) (1784-1847), and his grandson Richard Allison Torrance (1833-1927), concerning their extensive mercantile, planting, and milling operations at Cedar Grove plantation in northern Mecklenburg County, N.C. Includes account books, Revolutionary War service records, family correspondence, land and estate records, information on enslaved people, contracts with overseers, two...
Dates: 1765 - 1982; 1800 - 1900
- Alexander family 2
- Henderson family 2
- Alexander, Sue Ramsey 1
- Alexander, William Davidson 1
- Arthur family 1
- Autry, David R. (Confederate soldier) 1
- Banks family 1
- Barringer, Rufus 1
- Bible Society of the Confederate States of America 1
- Brotherton, Ken 1
- Cedar Grove House (N.C.) 1
- Clark, Richard Lee 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment (1st) 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment (28th) 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 11th 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 21st 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. South Carolina Infantry Regiment, 17th 1
- Echols, Emma Reid 1
- Evans, James H. 1
- Farrar family 1
- Faulkner family 1
- Faulkner, William Leonidas 1
- Gibbon family 1
- Gibbon, Nicholas Biddle 1
- Goodwin, Virginia Caroline 1
- Harrell family 1
- Harris, J. G. 1
- Henderson, Willis Irwin 1
- Hill, A. P., (A. Powell) 1
- Horton, George Moses 1
- Irwin family 1
- Irwin, Batte 1
- Irwin, John Robinson 1
- Irwin, Mary Hays 1
- Lane, James Henry, 1833-1907 1
- Martin, Wm. J. (William Joseph), 1830-1896 1
- Ney, Peter Stuart 1
- Pettigrew, James Johnston, 1828-1863 1
- Ramsey family 1
- Ramsey, J. G. M. (James Gettys McGready) 1
- Robinson family 1
- Robinson, Catherine Hays 1
- Sexton, Franklin Barlow 1
- Siewers, John Daniel 1
- Siewers, Nathaniel Shober 1
- Springs, Andrew Baxter 1
- Stuart, Samuel Jackson 1
- Torrance family 1
- Torrance, Hugh 1
- Torrance, James 1
- Torrance, Richard Allison 1
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment (7th) (1861-1865) 1 ∧ less