Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Materials relating to Carver College, which was operated by the Charlotte City School Board (1949-58) and the Charlotte Community College System (1958-63) as the predominately black counterpart of predominately white Charlotte College. Contains catalogs, annual reports, curriculum proposals, planning documents, and building plans. Renamed Mecklenburg College, the school merged with the Industrial Education Center in 1963 to form Central Piedmont Community College
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 54
Overview Papers of Hoyt Galvin, as chair of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Education Committee (1954-56), whose work helped to gain support and funding for Charlotte and Carver colleges.