Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Chiefly correspondence (1860s-1870s) of William Davidson Alexander (1840-1927) of Mecklenburg County; of his wife, Susan Amelia Ramsey Alexander (1843-90); and of her father, James Gettys McGready Ramsey (1797-1884), physician, historian, and entrepreneur of Knoxville. Also includes deeds, estate and guardian records, typescript memoir of Susan Ramsey Alexander, extracts from Ramsey's autobiography, a genealogy of the Ramsey family, and a travel diary/farm journal probably kept by Sue Ramsey...
Overview Papers of a local scientist, author, and collector. Includes personal and professional correspondence; manuscript and typed copies of his writings on fossil collecting, the history of paleontology, and local history; files relating to his editorship of the Fossil Quarterly; and material pertaining to Shakespeare, including 18th century British newspapers, memorabilia from the 300th birthday celebration in Stratford-upon-Avon in 1864, and scripts, publicity stills, and programs of various 20th...
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Museums -- North Carolina -- Gastonia 1
- Paleontology 1
- Paleontology -- Periodicals 1
- Railroads -- Tennessee 1
- Tennessee 1
- United States -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate 1
- United States -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women 1
- Women -- Confederate States of America -- Social conditions 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe -- Personal narratives, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Correspondence 1 ∧ less