Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Overview Collection 367 is a small arrangement of papers, concerning primarily Jack Boyte’s career in architectural preservation in Charlotte, North Carolina in the late twentieth century.
Collection — Box: 1 [F09.071.02.01]
Scope and Contents Minutes of meetings of the stockholders and board of directors of a corporation organized in 1926 to construct a new law building. The building - designed by Louis H. Asbury and located on East Avenue (now East Trade Street) was demolished in the mid-1990s to make way for a new county jail facility.
Overview The collection contains a large number of architectural drawings of buildings (residential, commercial, educational, professional, industrial and spiritual) that were built in the Charlotte, N.C. metrolina area from 1923 to the early 1970s. Over the years, the firm has had six different corporate names.
Overview The J.A. Jones Construction Company was founded in the 1890s by James Addison Jones in Charlotte, North Carolina. The collection primarily consists of project files with accompanying photographs and project information sheets.
Overview Records of Mecklenburg County’s oldest and largest historical organization from its establishment in 1954. Includes minutes, programs, financial records, and information on historic preservation projects sponsored by the association. Also includes photographs of the 1948 production of LeGette Blythe's outdoor drama, Shout Freedom!, material about the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence and its observance, and general information on local history.
Overview Contents of old scrapbooks which include advertising material for a Charlotte-based hosiery mill founded in 1923 by William Nebel, a German immigrant, and purchased in 1968 by Morris Speizman. Also includes photographs of employees.
Overview Primarily correspondence of the Widows's Fund, a life insurance program for lodge members. Also includes general material on local lodges and architectural drawings for the Masonic Temple in uptown Charlotte (demolished 1987).
Overview Primarily biographical material about a prominent Charlotte architect and advertising material relating to Odell Associates, Inc., the firm he founded in 1940. Also includes central area and cultural plans for Charlotte and Raleigh, a film documenting the opening of the Charlotte Coliseum/Ovens Auditorium complex in 1955, and a pictorial map of historic sites in Cabarrus County.
Overview The collection concerns Perzel's interest and work in the preservation of historic buildings in Charlotte, NC. Most of the collectcion consists of photographs of historic buildings and residences, and photos of street scenes of Charlotte in the early 20th century.
Collection — Box: SFC3 [F09.090.03.01], Folder: 236
Abstract Lithograph of an architectural rendering of the U.S. Courthouse and Post Office on West Trade Street. This building was demolished in 1932 in order to build a larger structure. [The adjacent U.S. Mint Building was saved and re-erected in the Eastover section of Charlotte as the Mint Museum of Art].
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Oasis Temple (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Omar Temple (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Asbury, Louis H. (Louis Humbert) 1
- Boyte, Jack O. (Jack Orr) 1
- Charlotte Law Building (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Davidson family 1
- Festival in the Park (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Hawkins Kibler Associates 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 1
- J.A. Jones Construction 1
- Marsh, M. R. (Marion Rossiter) 1
- Mecklenburg Historical Association 1
- Nebel Knitting Company 1
- Nebel Knitting Mill (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Oasis and Omar Temple, N.M.S. (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Odell, Arthur Gould 1
- Perzel, Edward Spaulding 1
- United States Courthouse (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- United States Post Office (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Whitney, A. Grant (Adelbert Grant) 1 ∧ less