Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection concerns primarily Dr. Frank Barnes’ leadership of a conservative “watch-dog” group known as Citizens for Effective Government, in Charlotte, North Carolina, from the late 1980s to 1995. It also includes records Barnes kept once he retired from the CEFG, 1995-2001. The CFEG lobbied for minimization of local government bureaucracy and taxes.
Overview Records of a committee established in 1961 by the mayor of Charlotte to help ease racial tensions and to assist in the gradual desegregation of public facilities. Includes correspondence, minutes, and clippings relating to the committee and its predecessor, the Friendly Relations Committee. Also contains material from state and national groups, including the North Carolina Mayor's Cooperating Committee, North Carolina Good Neighbor Council, National Citizens Committee for Community Relations,...
Overview Assorted papers related to David L. Howard's service primarily in local government in N.C. Also contains resumes, and a few personal papers such as his dayplanners. Included in the materials are clippings, brochures and booklets, materials collected at conferences and seminars or government meetings, also some digital material.
- Barnes, Frank (Frank Carey) 1
- Brookshire, Stanford R. 1
- Carolinas Stadium (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte (N.C.). City Council 1
- Charlotte (N.C.). Mayor's Community Relations Committee. Mayor's Community Relations Committee 1
- Charlotte (N.C.). Mayor's Friendly Relations Committee. Mayor's Friendly Relations Committee 1
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Access Corporation 1
- Charlotte Uptown Development Corporation (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations Committee (N.C.) 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools 1
- Citizens for Effective Government (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Cityfair (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Howard, David L. 1
- Mecklenburg County Jail (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Smith, James Saxon 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Belk College of Business 1 ∧ less