Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview Personal papers of Elbert Kirtley (E.K.) Fretwell, Jr. (1923-2012), the second chancellor of UNC Charlotte (1979-1989). Includes files regarding his service as Vice Consul in Czechoslovakia; his education and early teaching days; his positions at City University of New York, State University of New York at Buffalo, and UNC Charlotte; his involvement with various associations and commissions concerning higher education and transportation, including numerous trips abroad; his publications,...
Dates: 1945 - 2008
Overview Primarily consists of correspondence and photographs of the Powell, Poole, O'Rorke and Claney families of Charlotte, NC, Pittsburgh, PA and New York City, NY.
Dates: 1898 - 1993
Overview Papers documenting Kirsch's work in the LGBT community as well as his work in theatre throughout the country. Includes press releases, brochures, newsletters, correspondence, playbills, CDs and VHS tapes.
Dates: 1990 - 2000
Overview Diaries of a worker in Charlotte’s Louise Cotton Mill. Topics mentioned include textile mills, religion, the weather, activities of family and friends and public events from local to the international.
Dates: 1915 - 1922
Overview Miscellaneous papers of the family, particularly those of Leone B. Newell, a Charlotte physician. Includes certificates, correspondence, genealogical materials, a household inventory (1916), newspaper clippings, photographs, notes and miscellaneous receipts.
Dates: 1916 - 1969
Overview Collection is a small assortment of papers and scrapbooks produced by Winifred Barbour Simpson, from 1931 to 1984. The most notable items in the collection are her scrapbooks (which mostly concern her attendance of Charlotte Technical High School) and the papers that she and her (future) husband produced during WWII.
Overview Personal, family, and business papers of a long-time Charlotte resident and construction company executive. Includes his diaries as a high school student (late 1920s); family correspondence and photographs; some records of the Southeastern Construction Company, the family firm, including photographs of projects in Cuba (circa 1917) and in North Carolina and South Carolina (1920s-1960s); records of other businesses the family owned; and files concerning his civic activities, including minutes...
Dates: 1908 - 1984
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities 1
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Buffalo State College 1
- Charlotte Technical High School (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- City University of New York. Administration 1
- City-County Consolidation Study Committee (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Claney, Conza Howell 1
- Claney, Howard 1
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 1
- Housing Authority of the City of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Howell family 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 1
- John Hay Whitney Foundation 1
- Louise Cotton Mills 1
- McAlpine, Erastus C. 1
- Munn, James Buell 1
- New York State American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 1
- Newell family 1
- Newell, Leone Burns 1
- North Carolina Transportation Museum 1
- North Carolina. State Board of Education. North Carolina Education Standards and Accountability Commission 1
- O'Rourke family 1
- Poole family 1
- Poole, Helon Powell 1
- Powell family 1
- Pride Charlotte--(Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Rotary Club of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Saratoga (Aircraft carrier : CVA-60) 1
- Selby, Forest 1
- Simpson, Leonard Walker 1
- Simpson, Winifred Barbour 1
- United States. Consulate (Prague, Czechoslovakia) 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 1
- Whitton, Beaumert 1 ∧ less