Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Overview Papers of Sister Mary Thomas Burke, long-time faculty member at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and founder of its Counseling Program. Includes surveys, reports, speeches, writings, biographical information, and other material related to Sister Burke's work and community involvement.
Overview Charlotte School of Law was an independent for-profit college in Charlotte, North Carolina, established in 2006. It was provisionally accredited by the American Bar Association in 2008, and fully accredited in 2011. In 2016 the ABA put the school on probation and the school closed the following year. Collection consists of letters received from the Charlotte School of Law by various elected officials and members of the community, primarily when it received full accreditation from the American...
Overview Personal papers of Dean Wallace Colvard (1913-2007), the first chancellor of UNC Charlotte (1966-1978). Includes files regarding his employment at North Carolina’s Brevard College; Swannanoa, North Carolina’s Mountain Research Farms; and at North Carolina State, Mississippi State University, and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, as well as his involvement with various organizations and committees such as the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics and his numerous...
Overview Personal papers of Cone, director and president of Charlotte College (1947-65) and vice chancellor of student affairs and community relations, UNC Charlotte (1966-73). Includes correspondence, biographical material, files relating to local civic organizations, records as trustee of Coker College, and cassette recordings and transcripts of interviews.
Overview Professional and personal documents of Chris Folk, longtime Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools administrator and the district's spokesman from 1958 to 1992. Files include public relations materials, personnel directories, yearbooks, photographs, and printed materials related to public education in the Charlotte-mecklenburg region.
Overview Personal papers of Elbert Kirtley (E.K.) Fretwell, Jr. (1923-2012), the second chancellor of UNC Charlotte (1979-1989). Includes files regarding his service as Vice Consul in Czechoslovakia; his education and early teaching days; his positions at City University of New York, State University of New York at Buffalo, and UNC Charlotte; his involvement with various associations and commissions concerning higher education and transportation, including numerous trips abroad; his publications,...
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 54
Overview Papers of Hoyt Galvin, as chair of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Education Committee (1954-56), whose work helped to gain support and funding for Charlotte and Carver colleges.
Overview Papers of a Charlotte businessman and engineer relating to his role in promoting Charlotte College as a community college and technical institute and in securing for it status as a four year, state supported college. Includes minutes, reports, and recommendations of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Education Committee; correspondence with the State Advisory Budget Commission, other state government officials, and individuals in the University of North Carolina system; statistical and research...
Overview Papers of a key supporter of UNC Charlotte, relating to his membership on the boards of Charlotte College and UNCC, the UNC system, and other state-wide groups concerned with higher education. Includes material concerning the case of Wynn v. Charlotte Community College System involving the construction of separate campuses for predominately white Charlotte College and predominately black Carver College (1958-61); the East Carolina Medical School controversy (1970-74); and the restructuring of...
Overview Manuscripts and research material including drafts and notes, transcripts and tapes. Copies of the book in various stages of printing are also included.
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte--History 5
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities 1
- American Bar Association 1
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges 1
- Barnhart, Genevieve, 1963 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Buffalo State College 1
- Burke, Mary Thomas, Sister, 1928-2002 1
- Carver College (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Carver, Ann C. 1
- Central Piedmont Community College (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte College 1
- Charlotte High School (N.C.) 1
- Charlotte School of Law 1
- Charlotte School of Law. Alumni and alumnae. 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education 1
- City University of New York. Administration 1
- City-County Consolidation Study Committee (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 1
- Cone, Bonnie E. , 1907-2003 1
- Folk, Chris Evans 1
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 1
- Galvin, Hoyt R. (Hoyt Rees) 1
- John Hay Whitney Foundation 1
- Kennedy, W. A. (Woodford Armstrong) 1
- McWhirter, Ann 1
- Mississippi State University 1
- Mork, Dorlan, 1932- 1
- Munn, James Buell 1
- New York State American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 1
- North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics 1
- North Carolina Transportation Museum 1
- North Carolina. State Board of Education. North Carolina Education Standards and Accountability Commission 1
- Reese, Addison H. (Addison Hardcastle) 1
- Rieke, Robert 1
- Rotary Club of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Sanford, J. Kenneth 1
- Sawyer, Bonnie Cone 1
- St. Andrew's College (Christchurch, N.Z.) 1
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian College 1
- Tate, Alice, 1916-1987 1
- United States. Consulate (Prague, Czechoslovakia) 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dept. of English 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 1
- Wearn, Robert Morrison 1
- Witherspoon, Loy H., 1930-2017 1 ∧ less