Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This collection contains two series: Alexander Family Material and Alexander Funeral Home. Alexander Family Material contains documents generated by the patriarch of the family, Zechariah Alexander, primarily in his duties as an officer in the Freem Masons and the Shriners organizations. The Alexander Funeral Home subseries contains documents dealing with the operation of the Alexander Funeral Home, currently the oldest continously operating African-American owned funeral business in the city...
Overview Papers documenting the activities of the NAACP, with an emphasis on the work and correspondence of Kelly Alexander, Sr. and his sons Kelly Alexander, Jr. and Alfred Alexander. Includes papers from the National Board, the North Carolina chapter and the Charlotte chapter. Contains minutes, correspondence, reports, speeches, press releases, membership records, photographs, and memorabilia. Topics covered include school segregation, housing and employment discrimination and the Charlotte Area Fund.
Overview The Charlotte Business guild was created in 1992 as a professional network for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and allied members of the community. The collection includes organization records such as meeting minutes, a member directory, newsletters, donation letters, and clippings.
Overview Sue Henry is a gay rights pioneer in Charlotte, North Carolina. The papers consist of materials created and collected by Sue Henry as proprietor of the Rising Moon Books & Beyond bookstore, Charlotte mayoral candidate, and member of a range of social and political organizations.
Overview The George Terry Lathrop papers concerns his career in city planning, land use, and especially traffic planning. The papers span from 1960 to 2002, though the bulk of the collection spans from about 1974 to 1998.
- Alexander, Kelly M. 2
- Alexander Funeral Home (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Alexander family 1
- Alexander, Zechariah, 1877-1954 1
- Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Inc. (Prince Hall Affiliated) 1
- Barton-Aschman Associates 1
- Charlotte Business Guild (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Chavis, Ben, 1948- 1
- Evers-Williams, Myrlie 1
- Henry, Sue L. 1
- Hooks, Benjamin L. (Benjamin Lawson), 1925-2010 1
- John Hamburg and Associates 1
- Kaplan, Kivie, 1904-1975 1
- Lathrop, George T. 1
- Mitchell, Clarence M. (Clarence Maurice), 1911-1984 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Charlotte Branch. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. North Carolina State Conference 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. North Carolina State Conference of Branches 1
- Rising Moon Books & Beyond (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Sevearance, Chad 1
- Southern Growth Policies Board 1
- Southern Growth Policies Board. Commission on the Future of the South 1
- United States -- Department of Transportation 1
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981 1
- Yale University 1 ∧ less