Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Collection — Box: SFC2 [F09.090.02.02], Folder: 189
Overview Contains a copy of Lynne Allred's paper "The Gastonia Strike of 1929: Social and Judicial Injustice."
Dates: circa 1976
Collection — Box: 1
Overview Correspondence course booklets (1949-50) on textile milling and manufacturing published by International Correspondence Schools of Scranton, Penn. The booklets contain corrected test sheets completed by Henry Ashworth of Ashworth Brothers, Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
Overview Records of a Charlotte, North Carolina architectural firm founded in 1905 by Richard C. Biberstein (1859-1931), who had come to Charlotte in 1887. The firm became Biberstein & Bowles, Inc. then Biberstein, Bowles & Meacham later Biberstein, Bowles, Meacham & Reed and eventually Brown and Alexander. Contains job files and drawings for projects, primarily textile mills and villages in North Carolina and Virginia. Also includes similar material for residences, schools, churches,...
Dates: 1895 - 1960; 1920 - 1995
Overview Records of a textile mill which operated in Lexington, N.C. Contains affirmative action plans, financial analyses, income statements, labor policies and statistics, merchandising plans, operating reports and statistics, and strategic plans. The business was sold to Parkdale Mills of Gastonia, N.C. in 1972.
Overview Four ledgers on textile mills in Gaston County, NC, 1950-1970 and several textile books.
Dates: circa 1900-1970s
Overview Contains two items: a handbill entitled "Military Warning" dated September 6, 1934, issued by Stephen B. Dolley (as major of the 120th infantry regiment); and a letter, dated September 12, 1934, written by George Rembert (as first sergeant of the 105th regiment of engineers), stationed at Kings Mountain, North Carolina, to Mrs. F. R. Summers, concerning the strike.
Scope and Contents This collection primarily consists of papers of a prominent Charlotte family, mostly consisting of photographs and records regarding the commemoration of a bust donated to the U.S. Naval Academy museum in honor of Admiral Halsey.
Dates: 1890 - 1948
Overview Papers of the first non-family member to head Cannon Mills. Includes annual reports (1971-74), correspondence, speeches, an unpublished company history, clippings, an anti-union film (1974), copies of the firm's newspaper (1971-74), and a scrapbook (1929) documenting Holt's football career at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Dates: 1926 - 1987
Collection — Box: SFC3 [F09.090.03.01], Folder: 334
Overview Photocopy of a policy manual (ca. 1960) of a manufacturer of rayon and silk in Greensboro, N.C.
Overview Material relating to the history of a West Charlotte mill. Includes photocopies of a promotional piece (1900) and a notebook (1919-20) involving construction of mill #2, an historical essay by former executive vice president James P. Wilson, photographs, interviews with former employees, and a letter (1988) by Major League Baseball player Whitey "Pickle" Lockman describing his youth at Leaksville. Lockman played for the New York Giants.
Dates: 1900 - 1988
- Allred, Lynne 1
- Ashworth Brothers, Inc. (Charlotte, N.C.)--Records and correspondence 1
- Ashworth, Henry (textile mill owner) 1
- Biberstein, Bowles, Meacham and Reed 1
- Blythe, LeGette 1
- Brabham, Robin 1
- Cannon Mills Company 1
- Coldstream Plantation (Mayesville, S.C.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Dolley, Stephen B. 1
- Erlanger Mills 1
- Glenn, Ralph Anderson 1
- Gossett family 1
- Gossett, Benjamin B. (Benjamins Brown) 1
- Gossett, James P. (James Plesant) 1
- Halsey, William F. (William Frederick) 1
- Holt, Don S. (Donnell Shaw) 1
- Holt, Mary McConnell 1
- Homestead Mill (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- I and T Holding Company 1
- Industrial and Textile Supply Company 1
- International Correspondence Schools 1
- Irwin family 1
- Klopman Mills 1
- Lindsay family 1
- Lockman , Whitey (Carroll Walter ) 1
- Louise Cotton Mills 1
- McAlpine, Erastus C. 1
- Mountain Island Textile Mill (Gaston County, N.C.) 1
- National Textile Workers Union (U.S.) 1
- Nebel Knitting Company 1
- Nebel Knitting Mill (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Payton, Boyd E. 1
- Phifer family 1
- Rembert, George 1
- Sides, Margaret Nash 1
- Smith, Norfleet 1
- Springs Cotton Mills 1
- Springs family 1
- Summers , Bonnie Eloise Mauney 1
- TMS Realty Company (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Tate family 1
- Tate, John Austin 1
- Tate, Sarah Wilson 1
- Textile Mill Supply Company 1
- United States. Army. Engineer Regiment, 105th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 120th 1
- Wilson family 1
- Witherspoon family 1 ∧ less