Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Papers of the Caldwell and Davidson families of Rosedale plantation in Mecklenburg County, N.C. Includes medical account books (1824-47) of Dr. David Thomas Caldwell; land records and surveys (1833-1942); journal (1837) of Sarah Frew Davidson; correspondence (1861-1984); plantation account books (1869-85); and photographs of family members and of Rosedale, including images of the latter by Frances Benjamin Johnston and Bayard Wootten.
Dates: 1779 - 1997; 1824 - 1986
Overview The collection consists of papers of the Carpenter family, relating primarily to their farming activities in Lincoln and Gaston counties from 1834 to 1935. The collection also includes banking records, business and tax receipts, correspondence, insurance records, papers from the National Grange, Depression era relief records, and promissory notes.
Dates: 1835 - 1934
Overview Perspectives on Land was a pioneering initiative that aimed to document the human face of land conservation issues in the Catawba River basin. It was sponsored by the Catawba Lands Conservancy and the Land Trust for Central North Carolina. The interviews explore what land means to people in North Carolina’s Southern Piedmont, how their identities were shaped by the places they live, and how they hope their landscape will look in the future. The "Perspectives On Land" team worked with residents...
Dates: 2001 - 2004
Overview Personal papers of Dean Wallace Colvard (1913-2007), the first chancellor of UNC Charlotte (1966-1978). Includes files regarding his employment at North Carolina’s Brevard College; Swannanoa, North Carolina’s Mountain Research Farms; and at North Carolina State, Mississippi State University, and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, as well as his involvement with various organizations and committees such as the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics and his numerous...
Dates: 1930 - 2007
- Subject: Agriculture X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 3
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Alexander, Noah L. 1
- Caldwell family 1
- Carpenter family 1
- Carpenter, David 1
- Carpenter, J. E. (John Edward) 1
- Carpenter, John F. (John Franklin) 1
- Carpenter, Michael 1
- Carpenter, Samuel 1
- Catawba Lands Conservancy 1
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 1
- Davidson family 1
- Land Trust for Central North Carolina 1
- Mississippi State University 1
- National Grange 1
- North Carolina Cotton Growers Cooperative Association--Sources 1
- North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics 1
- St. Andrew's College (Christchurch, N.Z.) 1
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian College 1
- Tate, Alice, 1916-1987 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte--History 1 ∧ less