Showing Collections: 11 - 17 of 17
Collection — Box: SFC3 [F09.090.03.01], Folder: 306
Overview Typescript drafts of five essays and one book review, dated January-March 1939, by H. L. Mencken. All bear extensive corrections in Mencken's own hand in pencil or pen.
Dates: 1939 - 1939
Overview Though the collection was accumulated by Anne Newman, a faculty member in the UNC Charlotte English Department, the materials mostly concern other writers—Adrienne Rich, in particular.
Dates: 1976 - 1979; 1979 - 1979
Overview Black and white photographs of 54 writers with North Carolina connections.
Dates: 1960 - 1987; 1960
Overview Chiefly printed copies of short stories by a Charlotte writer. Also includes an incomplete typescript of her novel, Beyond Surrender, drafts of an untitled and unfinished novel, manuscript and typed copies of 15 short stories, articles about her writing, and obituaries.
Dates: 1922 - 1961
Overview Literary manuscripts of a poet, teacher, and UNC Charlotte graduate. Includes correspondence, promotional material, and drafts, typescripts, and printed copies of poems, stories, and reviews.
Dates: 1972 - 1995
Overview Papers relating to her novel, Golden Girl (New York: Farrar, Straus, Giroux, 1985), which won the 1986 Juvenile Literature Award presented by the North Carolina division of the American Association of University Women. Includes drafts, correspondence with and notes of her editor, pages and galley proofs, and cassette recording of the author reading her work. The earliest draft (1979) includes notes made by novelist Lee Smith, in whose class Tilly began the work.
Overview The collection consists of the writings of Julia Willis, of Charlotte, North Carolina and Boston, Massachusetts from the late 1960s to the late 1990s. Willis writes short stories, articles, short plays, books, contributions to various anthologies and poetry. The subject matter of her writing is almost exclusively dedicated to lesbian issues and politics. Most of her plays have been produced and some of her writings have earned awards.
Dates: 1972 - 2002
- Subject: Authors, American X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 16
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Golden, Harry, 1902-1981 2
- Bishop, Elizabeth 1
- Blythe, LeGette 1
- Brown, J. Thompson (English professor) 1
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo 1
- Greiner, Donald J. 1
- Haley, Gail E. 1
- Harris, Bertha 1
- Heyward, DuBose 1
- Hurmence, Belinda 1
- Hurmence, Belinda. (Nightwalker) 1
- Hurmence, Belinda. (Tancy) 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 1
- Lineberger, James (James Luther) 1
- Liner, Amon 1
- Mencken, H. L. (Henry Louis) 1
- Newman, Anne R. (Anne Royall) 1
- Rice, Allen Thorndike 1
- Rich, Adrienne 1
- Rood, Karen Lane 1
- Sims, Marian 1
- Smith, Lee 1
- Smith, R. T. 1
- Tilly, Nancy 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dept. of English 1
- Willis, Julia 1 ∧ less