Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
Overview Architectural drawings, office files, record books, and other material documenting the career of an early Charlotte architect. Includes drawings and specifications for residences, institutions, churches, and business offices in Charlotte and elsewhere in North Carolina.
Dates: 1906 - 1975; 1908 - 1956
Overview Contains a small arrangement of papers, concerning primarily Jack Boyte’s career in architectural preservation in Charlotte, North Carolina in the late twentieth century.
Dates: 1938 - 1991; 1968 - 1985
Collection — Box: 1 [F09.071.02.01]
Overview Contains meeting minutes of stockholders and the board of directors of a company organized to construct a law building in Charlotte in 1926.
Overview Consists primarily of architectural drawings the firm has completed of buildings throughout the Charlotte area. Also includes a book prospectus honoring Tebee Hawkins, renderings and slides.
Dates: circa 1920-1972
Overview Records of one of the oldest Presbyterian churches in Mecklenburg County, including minutes of the Session (1843-1959); records of the treasurer (1817-73, 1940-56); minutes of the Board of Deacons (1954-58); and minutes and accounts of the Ladies Missionary Society (1876-1917), Girls Aid Society (1880-90), Sunday School secretary (1905-39), Women's Auxiliary (1922-46), Ella Houston and Lynn Moore Circles (1929-34), Bible Class (1938-39), and Women of the Church (1955-69). Also includes the farm...
Dates: 1817 - 1970
Overview Records of an organization established in 1977 to preserve the northern Mecklenburg County home of Hugh Torance (1743-1816), which was built in the 1770s or 1780s. Includes information on the history and restoration of the house, board minutes, financial records, correspondence, legal documents, fund raising material, and photographs.
Dates: 1974 - 1996
Overview The J.A. Jones Construction Company was founded in the 1890s by James Addison Jones in Charlotte, North Carolina. The collection primarily consists of project files with accompanying photographs and project information sheets.
Dates: circa 1940-circa 2000
Overview The collection consists of materials associated with the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence. Included are souvenir facsimiles of the Mecklenburg County Declaration of Independence; reproductions of pen and ink drawings of Mecklenburg County landmarks; reproductions of articles and book reviews pertaining to the declaration in the Mecklenburg gazette, Harper's monthly, and other publications; a special Mecklenburg Independence Day edition of the Charlotte observer issued in 1975; and copies...
Dates: 1775 - 1975
Overview Records of Mecklenburg County’s oldest and largest historical organization from its establishment in 1954. Includes minutes, programs, financial records, and information on historic preservation projects sponsored by the association. Also includes photographs of the 1948 production of LeGette Blythe's outdoor drama, Shout Freedom!, material about the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence and its observance, and general information on local history.
Dates: 1898 - 2009; 1954 - 1999
Overview Blueprints of projects constructed by a Charlotte firm, which was established in 1856 by John Wilkes and sold to Carolina Steel Corporation in the 1960s. Includes drawings for residences and commercial buildings, primarily in the Charlotte area.
Dates: 1945 - 1968; 1948 - 1968
- Asbury, Louis H. (Louis Humbert) 2
- Boyte, Jack O. (Jack Orr) 2
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 2
- Mecklenburg Historical Association 2
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Oasis Temple (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Omar Temple (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Boyte-Williams Architects 1
- Charlotte Law Building (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Davidson family 1
- Festival in the Park (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Fincher, Al 1
- Hawkins Kibler Associates 1
- Hopewell Presbyterian Church (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Hough, Teresa Beth 1
- Housing Authority of the City of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Hugh Torrance House and Store (N.C.) 1
- J. R. Waddell & Sons 1
- J.A. Jones Construction 1
- Love, Gene M. 1
- Marsh, M. R. (Marion Rossiter) 1
- Mecklenburg Iron Works (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Mutual Savings and Loan Association (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Nebel Knitting Company 1
- Nebel Knitting Mill (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Oasis and Omar Temple, N.M.S. (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Odell, Arthur Gould 1
- Pease, J. Norman (James Norman) 1
- Perzel, Edward Spaulding 1
- Rexham Corporation (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Springs, E. 1
- Torrance Mill (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Torrance, Hugh 1
- Torrance, James 1
- United States Courthouse (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- United States Post Office (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Wadell Construction, Inc 1
- Whitney, A. Grant (Adelbert Grant) 1
- Whitton, Beaumert 1 ∧ less