Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Summary Records of Charlotte College. Consists primarily of Bonnie Cone's files including speeches and correspondence, but also includes files relating to the Board of Trustees, financial matters, the development of campus, growth of academic programs, and the transition of the college from temporary to permanent junior college status and on to its establishment as the fourth campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Dates: 1946-1967, 2004-2005; 1949-1965
Scope and Contents This collection consists of a single volume containing minutes from the Board of Trustees meetings from May 1958 to June 1963.
Dates: 1958-05-12 - 1963-06-27
Overview Papers of a key supporter of UNC Charlotte, relating to his membership on the boards of Charlotte College and UNCC, the UNC system, and other state-wide groups concerned with higher education. Includes material concerning the case of Wynn v. Charlotte Community College System involving the construction of separate campuses for predominately white Charlotte College and predominately black Carver College (1958-61); the East Carolina Medical School controversy (1970-74); and the restructuring of...
Dates: 1951 - 1977; 1957 - 1976
- Subject: Community colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-687-1170] 2
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Charlotte College 2
- Carver College (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Central Piedmont Community College (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Community College System. Board of Trustees 1
- Cone, Bonnie E. , 1907-2003 1