Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 22
Overview Records from Academic Affairs and J. Murrey Atkins Library of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte pertaining to academic planning and development. Includes course and curriculum propsals; academic plans for the university, its colleges, and various other units; and records of library consultations corresponding with the development of new courses.
Dates: 1970 - 2016
Overview Records concerning several UNC Charlotte special events and awards ceremonies, notably the Bank of American Award for Teaching Excellence (formerly known as the NationsBank Award for Teaching Excellence) and commencement ceremonies.
Dates: 1968 - 2009
Summary A collection of alphabetical subject files maintained by Dr. Barbara A. Goodnight in her role as Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs from 1980-1997.
Dates: 1980 - 1997
Overview Records of Africana Studies Department (formerly African American and African Studies; originally Black Studies), Black Studies Committee, and Black Student Union at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Collection contains files, photgraphs, audiovisuals, and ephemera that document the events leading up to the creation of the department and its subsequent evolution. Dr. Bertha Maxwell, the first department chair, Roberta Duff and Benjamin Chavis are prominent figures in the collection.
Dates: 1969 - 2020
Overview This collection contains the records of the Charlotte College and University of North Carolina at Charlotte Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and relates to the activities of the campus chapter and its interaction with regional and national associations.
Scope and Contents The Department of Art and Art History records consist primarily of departmental planning packets, annual reports and faculty meeting minutes, mostly concentrated from 1980 to 1998. Also included in these records are guidelines for a variety of everyday functions of the department, such as course evaluation forms and nominations for honorary degrees. These records detail the events of what would become the Department of Art under the leadership of Professors Spence, Byrum, and Kovach. Also...
Dates: 1975 - 2011
Scope and Contents The College of Arts + Architecture Records consists largely of office files from the Dean of the College of Architecture. These files include minutes, correspondence, memoranda, proposals, reports, studies, annual reports, course descriptions and evaluation forms, procedures, and material concerning accreditation. Also included are student handbooks and other printed material produced by the College of Architecture and its successor the College of Arts + Architecture. The bulk of the material...
Dates: 1972-2002, 2018; Majority of material found within 1972 - 1983
Summary Records of the Office of Assessment and Accreditation. Includes records of University self studies for SACS accreditation.
Dates: 1964 - 2002
Summary Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when Dean W. Colvard held the office.
Dates: 1964 - 1979
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 13
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs 6
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 3
- Cone, Bonnie E., 1907-2003 2
- University of North Carolina (System) 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs. Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. 2
- American Association of University Professors 1
- Charlotte College 1
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 1
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 1
- Goodnight, Barbara A. 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 1
- North Carolina. General Assembly 1
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools 1
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees 1
- University of North Carolina (System). Board of Governors 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. College of Arts and Architecture 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. College of Arts and Sciences. 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Department of Africana Studies 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dept. of Art 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Graduate School 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of Sponsored Research. Grants & Contract Accounting Dept. 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Self Study Committees 1
- Walcott, Wayne A. 1
- Woodward, James H. (University chancellor) 1 ∧ less