Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 23
Overview Materials relating to Carver College, which was operated by the Charlotte City School Board (1949-58) and the Charlotte Community College System (1958-63) as the predominately black counterpart of predominately white Charlotte College. Contains catalogs, annual reports, curriculum proposals, planning documents, and building plans. Renamed Mecklenburg College, the school merged with the Industrial Education Center in 1963 to form Central Piedmont Community College
Dates: 1957 - 1965
Summary Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when Dean W. Colvard held the office.
Dates: 1964 - 1979
Summary Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when E. K. Fretwell held the office.
Dates: 1966 - 1989
Overview Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when James H. Woodward held the office.
Dates: 1985 - 2007
Summary Records of Charlotte College. Consists primarily of Bonnie Cone's files including speeches and correspondence, but also includes files relating to the Board of Trustees, financial matters, the development of campus, growth of academic programs, and the transition of the college from temporary to permanent junior college status and on to its establishment as the fourth campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Dates: 1946-1967, 2004-2005; 1949-1965
Scope and Contents This collection consists of minutes and some agendas from the joint Departmental Chairmen meetings at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte from 1965 to 1980. Records from the period of 1969 to 1980 are scattered.
Dates: 1965 - 1980
Overview Personal papers of Elbert Kirtley (E.K.) Fretwell, Jr. (1923-2012), the second chancellor of UNC Charlotte (1979-1989). Includes files regarding his service as Vice Consul in Czechoslovakia; his education and early teaching days; his positions at City University of New York, State University of New York at Buffalo, and UNC Charlotte; his involvement with various associations and commissions concerning higher education and transportation, including numerous trips abroad; his publications,...
Dates: 1945 - 2008
Scope and Contents The materials in the Graduate School Dean’s Office Records were transferred to University Archives at UNC Charlotte from the office of the Dean of the Graduate School or from subsidiary entities such as the Graduate Council. Some records in this collection predate the 1985 creation of the Graduate School. This collection largely consists of subject files, which have been arranged into series by archives staff for ease of reference. Annual reports, minutes, correspondence, memoranda,...
Dates: 1970 - 2009
Scope and Contents The College of Human Development and Learning Records contains meeting minutes, self-studies, case studies, reports, curriculum proposals, and materials relating to University Year for Action (UYA). Some materials from the College’s predecessor, the Division of Education, are included as well, and some predate even the university’s organization into divisions. The collection is arranged in the following four series: Minutes; Proposals; Studies, Reports, and Conference Programs; and...
Dates: 1965 - 1983
Overview Records of the Colleges of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Collection includes the records of the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and of the Arts and Sciences Faculty Council.
Dates: 1979 - 2005
- Subject: Education, Higher -- Administration X
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 19
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 4
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 11
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs 6
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 4
- Charlotte College 2
- Cone, Bonnie E. , 1907-2003 2
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 2
- University of North Carolina (System) 2
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges 1
- Bernard, Charles C. (Charles Cecil) 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Buffalo State College 1
- Carver College (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- City University of New York. Administration 1
- City-County Consolidation Study Committee (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 1
- John Hay Whitney Foundation 1
- Munn, James Buell 1
- New York State American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 1
- North Carolina Transportation Museum 1
- North Carolina. General Assembly 1
- North Carolina. State Board of Education. North Carolina Education Standards and Accountability Commission 1
- Rieke, Robert 1
- Rotary Club of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools 1
- United States. Consulate (Prague, Czechoslovakia) 1
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees 1
- University of North Carolina (System). Board of Governors 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte--History 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. College of Arts and Architecture 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. College of Arts and Sciences. 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Department of Africana Studies 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dept. of Art 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs. Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Faculty Council 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Graduate School 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Self Study Committees 1
- Woodward, James H. (University chancellor) 1 ∧ less