Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collection contains two series: Alexander Family Material and Alexander Funeral Home. Alexander Family Material contains documents generated by the patriarch of the family, Zechariah Alexander, primarily in his duties as an officer in the Freem Masons and the Shriners organizations. The Alexander Funeral Home subseries contains documents dealing with the operation of the Alexander Funeral Home, currently the oldest continously operating African-American owned funeral business in the city...
Dates: 1930 - 1980
Overview Primarily correspondence of the Widows's Fund, a life insurance program for lodge members. Also includes general material on local lodges and architectural drawings for the Masonic Temple in uptown Charlotte (demolished 1987).
Dates: 1905 - 1947; 1924 - 1944
Overview The collection contains research notes and drafts of Preyer's book "Hezekiah Alexander and the Revolution in the Backcountry." Additionally, there are articles and research on the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence and the Mecklenburg Resolves, minutes and memos from his time serving on the Latta Plantation Executive Board, the Museum of the New South Committee and the Hugh Torance House and Store. There are also teaching material and documents related to African-American history, which...
Dates: 1933-2010; 1972 - 2002
- Subject: Freemasons -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- Alexander family 2
- Alexander Funeral Home (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Alexander, Hezekiah 1
- Alexander, Kelly M. 1
- Alexander, William Sample 1
- Alexander, Zechariah, 1877-1954 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Oasis Temple (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Omar Temple (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Inc. (Prince Hall Affiliated) 1
- Oasis and Omar Temple, N.M.S. (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Preyer, Norris W. 1 ∧ less