Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Box: 1 [F09.074.03.02]
Overview Samantha Gellar was a sixteen-year-old high school student at Northwest School of the Arts in Charlotte, North Carolina, when she wrote "Life Versus the Paperback Romance." The play, which dealt with lesbian romance, received a playwright's award from the Charlotte Young Playwright's Festival. Materials relate to the controversial production of Samantha Gellar's 1998 play "Life Versus the Paperback Romance."
Dates: 1998 - 2000
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records from the Multicultural Resource Center (MRC) relating to various administrative functions of the office, such as planning and publicizing programs, events, and workshops. Types of material include correspondence, memoranda, proposals, reports, manuals, minutes, building plans, brochures and flyers, and audio-visual material. Also included is a student-made quilt from the 2002 Growing Up Southern quilt project. Topics largely relate to women’s,...
- Subject: Gay and lesbian perspectives X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 1
- Cone, Bonnie E. , 1907-2003 1
- Gellar, Samantha, 1980- 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- Witherspoon, Loy H., 1930-2017 1