Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The collection consists of materials associated with the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence. Included are souvenir facsimiles of the Mecklenburg County Declaration of Independence; reproductions of pen and ink drawings of Mecklenburg County landmarks; reproductions of articles and book reviews pertaining to the declaration in the Mecklenburg gazette, Harper's monthly, and other publications; a special Mecklenburg Independence Day edition of the Charlotte observer issued in 1975; and copies...
Dates: 1775 - 1975
Overview Series of reproductions of frameable pen-and-wash drawings of landmarks in Mecklenburg County, N.C., by artists Al Fincher, Gene M. Love, and E. Springs, issued by Mutual Savings and Loan Association, Charlotte, N.C., in 1966. Landmarks depicted include the Covenant Presbyterian Church, the American Doughboy Statue, the Mecklenburg County Courthouse, and Cedar Grove Plantation. Printed descriptions of the landmarks accompanying the drawings provide historical information and dates of...
Overview The collection contains research notes and drafts of Preyer's book "Hezekiah Alexander and the Revolution in the Backcountry." Additionally, there are articles and research on the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence and the Mecklenburg Resolves, minutes and memos from his time serving on the Latta Plantation Executive Board, the Museum of the New South Committee and the Hugh Torance House and Store. There are also teaching material and documents related to African-American history, which...
Dates: 1933-2010; 1972 - 2002
Overview Collection consists of reproductions of pen-and-wash drawings of historical landmarks in Mecklenburg County, N.C., by Teresa Beth Hough, issued by Rexham Corporation, Charlotte, N.C., in 1976. Landmarks depicted include the Berryhill House, the Robert Grier House, St. Mary's Chapel at the Thompson Orphanage, and St. Peter's Episcopal Church.
- Subject: Historic sites -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County X