Showing Collections: 11 - 18 of 18
Overview Official papers as mayor of Charlotte (1979-83). Includes subject files, correspondence, and speeches relating to such topics as annexation, zoning, the proposed new coliseum, and transportation. Also includes some files of his predecessor, Kenneth R. Harris.
Dates: 1979 - 1983
Overview This collection constitutes the mayoral papers of Pat McCrory and contains the papers generated and accumulated during his term as mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina from 1995 to 2009.
Dates: 1995 - 2009
Overview Frank McNinch was the mayor of Charlotte, NC from 1912 to 1917 and later was appointed to serve on the Federal Power Commission in 1930, becoming its Chairman in 1933. In 1937, President Roosevelt appointed McNinch to be the Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission. The collection contains mostly the papers he generated while working for these two federal commissions.
Dates: 1925 - 1951; 1930 - 1951
Overview Papers documenting the two mayoral terms (1987-91) of the first female mayor of Charlotte, N.C.
Dates: 1987 - 1991
Overview Papers of a mayor of Charlotte (1927-29) and judge of the Domestic Relations and Juvenile Court (1935-49). Includes speeches, arguments of Redd as a defense attorney in murder cases, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and material on the United Confederate Veterans Reunion in Charlotte (1929). Also includes papers of Redd's wife, Bessie Flowe Redd, and her father, J. Lee Flowe, a grocer. Her papers include material about the DAR Liberty Hall chapter of Charlotte and an autographed...
Dates: 1882 - 1962
Overview Papers of Shaw, Charlotte mayor (1949-53), primarily related to his first term. Includes correspondence, speeches, clippings, memorabilia, photographs, and a recording of presidential candidate Dwight D. Eisenhower's campaign speech in Charlotte (1952).
Dates: 1894 - 1966; 1949 - 1953
Overview Primarily papers relating to his two terms as mayor of Charlotte (1953-1957). Includes routine correspondence, speeches, clippings, biographical information, and photographs. Also contains a small amount of material relating to his personal life and family and to his service as president and chair of the board of Lance, Inc. (1943-1973).
Dates: 1926 - 1994; 1953 - 1957
Overview Papers documenting the two mayoral terms (1991-95) of Richard Vinroot as the mayor of Charlotte, N.C. The papers highlight the city council, the chamber of commerce, community development, consolidation of city and county government and services, crime (including drug enforcement and the police department), cultural relations (especially Charlotte's interaction with its "sister cities"), education, housing, municipal services (including compensation of city employees, reorganization of...
Dates: 1990 - 1995
- Subject: Mayors -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- Brookshire, Stanford R. 2
- Baxter, H. H. (Herbert Hill) 1
- Belk, John M. 1
- Charlotte (N.C.). City Council 1
- Charlotte (N.C.). Mayor's Community Relations Committee. Mayor's Community Relations Committee 1
- Charlotte (N.C.). Mayor's Friendly Relations Committee. Mayor's Friendly Relations Committee 1
- Charlotte-Douglas International Airport 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations Committee (N.C.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Liberty Hall Chapter (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Douglas, Ben E. (Ben Elbert) 1
- Foxx, Anthony 1
- Gantt, Harvey B. (Harvey Bernard) 1
- Harris, Ken (Kenneth Rhyne) 1
- Hunter, John M. (Jack) 1
- Hunter, Judy 1
- Kinsey, Patsy, 1941- 1
- Knox, Eddie 1
- Lance, Inc 1
- McCrory, Pat 1
- McNinch, Frank R. (Frank Ramsay) 1
- McNinch, Huldah Groome 1
- Myrick, Sue 1
- Redd, Bessie Lee Flowe 1
- Redd, F. Marion (Francis Marion) 1
- Shaw, Victor 1
- Smith, James Saxon 1
- Sunday, Billy (Photographs) 1
- Theis, Frank R. 1
- United Confederate Veterans. North Carolina Division 1
- Van Every, Philip Lance 1
- Vinroot, Richard 1 ∧ less