Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Josh Burford is best known for his work to preserve and make accessible the Queer history of the American South through the development of archival collections and oral histories. The bulk of the collection relates to the establishment and collecting efforts of the King-Henry-Brockington LGBTQ+ Archive, as well as research into the history of Charlotte's LGBTQ community.
Dates: 1956 - 2018
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records from the Multicultural Resource Center (MRC) relating to various administrative functions of the office, such as planning and publicizing programs, events, and workshops. Types of material include correspondence, memoranda, proposals, reports, manuals, minutes, building plans, brochures and flyers, and audio-visual material. Also included is a student-made quilt from the 2002 Growing Up Southern quilt project. Topics largely relate to women’s,...
- Subject: Multicultural education X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 1
- Burford, Joshua, 1974- 1
- Cone, Bonnie E. , 1907-2003 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- Witherspoon, Loy H., 1930-2017 1