Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection concerns primarily Dr. Frank Barnes’ leadership of a conservative “watch-dog” group known as Citizens for Effective Government, in Charlotte, North Carolina, from the late 1980s to 1995. It also includes records Barnes kept once he retired from the CEFG, 1995-2001. The CFEG lobbied for minimization of local government bureaucracy and taxes.
Dates: 1985 - 2000
Overview Papers relating to McMillan's services as a member of the Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners (1972-74) and as the principal organizer and president of the Spirit Square Development Group (1975-82). Includes correspondence, campaign material, reports, and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1952, 1972-1982
Overview Minute books comprise the official proceedings of the Board. Includes discussions of finanical and legal matters, employment of teachers, progress of students, buildings and programs at each school, and reports of the superintendent. The account books are for the period November 1928 through June 1931.
Dates: 1885 - 1960
- Subject: Public schools -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County X
- Barnes, Frank (Frank Carey) 1
- Carolinas Stadium (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte (N.C.). City Council 1
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Access Corporation 1
- Charlotte Uptown Development Corporation (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools--Management 1
- Citizens for Effective Government (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Cityfair (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- McMillan, J. Alex 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.). Board of Commissioners 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.). Board of Education 1
- Mecklenburg County Jail (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Spirit Square Arts Center. Board of Directors--Records and correspondence. 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Belk College of Business 1 ∧ less