Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The collection consists of a small assortment of papers generated by the City of Charlotte concerning Freedom Park and the Charlotte Coliseum, and a much larger assortment of photographs, mainly of city officials (mayors and city council members from the mid 1960s to the late 1990s). The collection also includes photographs of street scenes (some dating to the 1940s), cityscapes and skylines of Charlotte, as well as city employees at work. Most of the photos were taken by staff photographers,...
Dates: circa 1940-2000; 1965 - 1999
Scope and Contents A collection of slides, photographs, documenting historic neighborhoods in Charlotte, North Carolina. There are some negatives, newletters, and photographs among the materials. A great deal of the slides are not labeled and were not sorted by subject by the donor.
Overview Collection consists of discarded photographs, slides, and photocopies of pamphlets from Charlotte's Redevelopment Commission. Photographs are of neighborhoods, apartment complexes, streets, and roads before and after renewal projects. Photocopied pamplets advertise the Charlotte Redevelopment Commission, progress reports on urban renewal of Charlotte, N.C., and future projects for uptown Charlotte, N.C.
Overview The George Terry Lathrop papers concerns his career in city planning, land use, and especially traffic planning. The papers span from 1960 to 2002, though the bulk of the collection spans from about 1974 to 1998.
Dates: 1960 - 2002
- Barton-Aschman Associates 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Corporate Communications & Marketing 1
- Charlotte (N.C.). Public Service and Information Dept 1
- Charlotte Coliseum (Charlotte, N.C. : 1988-2000) 1
- Charlotte Redevelopment Commission 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Department. Charlotte Historic District Commission 1
- Freedom Park (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- John Hamburg and Associates 1
- Lathrop, George T. 1
- Southern Growth Policies Board 1
- Southern Growth Policies Board. Commission on the Future of the South 1
- United States -- Department of Transportation 1
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- Yale University 1 ∧ less