Showing Collections: 11 - 17 of 17
Overview Diaries of a worker in Charlotte’s Louise Cotton Mill. Topics mentioned include textile mills, religion, the weather, activities of family and friends, and public events from local to the international.
Overview Contents of old scrapbooks which include advertising material for a Charlotte-based hosiery mill founded in 1923 by William Nebel, a German immigrant, and purchased in 1968 by Morris Speizman. Also includes photographs of employees.
Scope and Contents Primarily material relating to the involvement of Boyd Payton, a Textile Workers Union of America official, in a strike at Harriet-Henderson Mills in Henderson, N.C. (1958-61). It includes material concerning his conviction and subsequent imprisonment amidst allegations of a state-supported frame-up, and his eventual pardon. There are transcripts of radio broadcasts, clippings, audio-visual material, and manuscripts of his book, Scapegoat (1970) and some correspondence. The emphasis of this...
Overview Photographs of an unidentified Confederate soldier (ca. 1861-1865) and child laborers in a North Carolina cotton mill (ca. 1910).
Overview This collection contains a small amount of original and photocopied material about the Springs family. In addition, the UNC Charlotte Library also owns a microfilm copy of the Springs Family Papers on file at the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The Springs Family Papers are organized in single, alphabetical series by folder title and format.
Overview Primarily papers of Sarah Wilson Tate (1892-1978), including travel diaries, correspondence, financial records, and reminiscences of Christmas-time visits to Coldstream plantation in Sumter County, S.C. Also includes business correspondence of her husband, John Austin Tate (1878-1934); commonplace book of Mary Louise Phifer Wilson; estate records of Joseph Harvey Wilson (1810-84) and Eliza Morehead Lindsay (ca. 1840-ca. 1933); and genealogical and other material about the Erwin, Phifer, Tate,...
Overview Records (mostly minute books and books of stock certificates) of the Textile Mill Supply Company, the Industrial and Hardware Supply Company, and the Industrial and Textile Supply Company, of Charlotte, NC from 1898 to 1997. The collection also includes records of the TMS Realty Company, whose purpose was to administer the land holdings of its parent company.
- Subject: Textile industry -- North Carolina X
- Allred, Lynne 1
- Ashworth Brothers, Inc. (Charlotte, N.C.)--Records and correspondence 1
- Ashworth, Henry (textile mill owner) 1
- Biberstein, Bowles, Meacham and Reed 1
- Blythe, LeGette 1
- Brabham, Robin 1
- Cannon Mills Company 1
- Coldstream Plantation (Mayesville, S.C.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Dolley, Stephen B. 1
- Erlanger Mills 1
- Glenn, Ralph Anderson 1
- Gossett family 1
- Gossett, Benjamin B. (Benjamins Brown) 1
- Gossett, James P. (James Plesant) 1
- Halsey, William F. (William Frederick) 1
- Holt, Don S. (Donnell Shaw) 1
- Holt, Mary McConnell 1
- Homestead Mill (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- I and T Holding Company 1
- Industrial and Textile Supply Company 1
- International Correspondence Schools 1
- Irwin family 1
- Klopman Mills 1
- Lindsay family 1
- Lockman , Whitey (Carroll Walter ) 1
- Louise Cotton Mills 1
- McAlpine, Erastus C. 1
- Mountain Island Textile Mill (Gaston County, N.C.) 1
- National Textile Workers Union (U.S.) 1
- Nebel Knitting Company 1
- Nebel Knitting Mill (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Payton, Boyd E. 1
- Phifer family 1
- Rembert, George 1
- Sides, Margaret Nash 1
- Smith, Norfleet 1
- Springs Cotton Mills 1
- Springs family 1
- Summers , Bonnie Eloise Mauney 1
- TMS Realty Company (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Tate family 1
- Tate, John Austin 1
- Tate, Sarah Wilson 1
- Textile Mill Supply Company 1
- United States. Army. Engineer Regiment, 105th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 120th 1
- Wilson family 1
- Witherspoon family 1 ∧ less