Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Personal papers of Cone, director and president of Charlotte College (1947-65) and vice chancellor of student affairs and community relations, UNC Charlotte (1966-73). Includes correspondence, biographical material, files relating to local civic organizations, records as trustee of Coker College, and cassette recordings and transcripts of interviews.
Dates: 1955 - 1994
Overview Personal papers of Elbert Kirtley (E.K.) Fretwell, Jr. (1923-2012), the second chancellor of UNC Charlotte (1979-1989). Includes files regarding his service as Vice Consul in Czechoslovakia; his education and early teaching days; his positions at City University of New York, State University of New York at Buffalo, and UNC Charlotte; his involvement with various associations and commissions concerning higher education and transportation, including numerous trips abroad; his publications,...
Dates: 1945 - 2008
Overview Papers of a key supporter of UNC Charlotte, relating to his membership on the boards of Charlotte College and UNCC, the UNC system, and other state-wide groups concerned with higher education. Includes material concerning the case of Wynn v. Charlotte Community College System involving the construction of separate campuses for predominately white Charlotte College and predominately black Carver College (1958-61); the East Carolina Medical School controversy (1970-74); and the restructuring of...
Dates: 1951 - 1977; 1957 - 1976
Overview Papers documenting Alfred Stuart's career in Geography and economic and population research. Includes material related to the North Carolina Atlas, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Atlas, the Victoria Land Traverse Expedition in Antarctica and the Land of the South book. There are also copies of many studies Stuart conducted throughout his career, most of which focus on population and labor in the Charlotte Metropolitan area, North Carolina and Roanoke, Virginia. Additionally, the collection contains...
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte--History 2
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities 1
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges 1
- Barnhart, Genevieve, 1963 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Buffalo State College 1
- Central Piedmont Community College (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- City University of New York. Administration 1
- City-County Consolidation Study Committee (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Cone, Bonnie E. , 1907-2003 1
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 1
- John Hay Whitney Foundation 1
- McWhirter, Ann 1
- Mork, Dorlan, 1932- 1
- Munn, James Buell 1
- New York State American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 1
- North Carolina Transportation Museum 1
- North Carolina. State Board of Education. North Carolina Education Standards and Accountability Commission 1
- Reese, Addison H. (Addison Hardcastle) 1
- Rotary Club of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Sawyer, Bonnie Cone 1
- Stuart, Alfred W. 1
- United States. Consulate (Prague, Czechoslovakia) 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 1 ∧ less