Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Perspectives on Land was a pioneering initiative that aimed to document the human face of land conservation issues in the Catawba River basin. It was sponsored by the Catawba Lands Conservancy and the Land Trust for Central North Carolina. The interviews explore what land means to people in North Carolina’s Southern Piedmont, how their identities were shaped by the places they live, and how they hope their landscape will look in the future. The "Perspectives On Land" team worked with residents...
Overview Records of a land trust established in 1991 to preserve natural areas and open spaces in the Catawba River Basin and the southern Piedmont region of North Carolina. Includes correspondence, board minutes, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and newsletters of the Land Trust for Central North Carolina.
Overview The collection documents Mary McDaniels' environmental work, including her founding of the Catawba Lands Conservancy and her work with the Charlotte Urban Institute.
Overview The Rankin Family papers consist of a wide variety of materials, though the majority of the collection concerns this family’s ownership and stewardship of the land that they have owned in Gaston County, NC, since the late eighteenth century.
- Names: Catawba Lands Conservancy X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 3
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Catawba River (N.C. and S.C.) -- Environmental conditions 2
- Catawba River Valley (N.C. and S.C.) 2
- Piedmont Region (N.C.) 2
- Agriculture 1
- Cassette tapes 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- North Carolina -- Citizen participation 1
- Environmentalism 1
- Gaston County (N.C.) 1
- Land tenure -- North Carolina -- Gaston County 1
- Land use -- Planning 1
- Mountain Island Lake (N.C.) 1
- Plant conservation -- North Carolina 1
- Wildlife conservation -- North Carolina 1 ∧ less