Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Papers of a key supporter of UNC Charlotte, relating to his membership on the boards of Charlotte College and UNCC, the UNC system, and other state-wide groups concerned with higher education. Includes material concerning the case of Wynn v. Charlotte Community College System involving the construction of separate campuses for predominately white Charlotte College and predominately black Carver College (1958-61); the East Carolina Medical School controversy (1970-74); and the restructuring of...
Overview Original handwritten and typed copies of essays written by Charlotte senior citizens in courses sponsored by the Shepherd's Center and Central Piedmont Community College and taught by Margaret Bigger in 1992-94. These are personal accounts of growing up during the Prohibition era and the Depression and of life during World War II.
- Names: Central Piedmont Community College (Charlotte, N.C.) X
- Community colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Depressions -- 1929 -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Personal narratives 1
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Prohibition -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Personal narratives 1
- Segregation in higher education -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1