Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents The J. Murrey Atkins Library Records document the history and functions of UNC Charlotte’s Atkins Library and its predecessor, the library at Charlotte College. This collection consists of correspondence, memoranda, meeting minutes, annual reports, newsletters, statistics, working papers, subject files, photographs, building plans, and memorabilia. Also included are accession books and financial ledgers from the Charlotte College library dating from 1957 to 1964 and audio-visual recordings of...
Dates: 1951 - 2018
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 22
Overview Correspondence, newspaper clippings, and a memorial resolution by the UNC-Chapel Hill faculty following the death of the first director (1946-47) of the Charlotte Center of the University of North Carolina, forerunner to Charlotte College and UNC Charlotte.
Dates: 1946 - 1969
Scope and Contents This collection contains the Articles of Incorporation and by-laws for the Charlotte College Foundation as well as financial reports, minutes, and material related to various scholarship funds and awards and to the Charlotte Community College System.Not included are records of the Foundation after its name was changed to UNC Charlotte Foundation. For these records, see the UNC Charlotte Foundation Records (UA0141). A small amount of material pre-dating the name change can also be...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photographic prints of Charlotte College and includes prints of the Central High School location as well as the present site on Highway 49, to which the college moved in 1961. Topics of interest include athletics, especially basketball (including the Charlotte Owls); campus buildings; and student organizations and activities, including classes, clubs, dances, fraternities, awards, and publications. Other topics include faculty and staff, academic departments,...
Summary Records of Charlotte College. Consists primarily of Bonnie Cone's files including speeches and correspondence, but also includes files relating to the Board of Trustees, financial matters, the development of campus, growth of academic programs, and the transition of the college from temporary to permanent junior college status and on to its establishment as the fourth campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Dates: 1946-1967, 2004-2005; 1949-1965
Scope and Contents This collection consists of a single volume containing minutes from the Board of Trustees meetings from May 1958 to June 1963.
Dates: 1958-05-12 - 1963-06-27
Collection — Box: SFC3 [F09.090.03.01], Folder: 343
Overview This small collection includes papers on the history of the Denny, Horne, and McMillan families of North Carolina, compiled by Mrs. Jo B. Horne, of Red Springs, N.C. in 2002. In addition to notes on the family, the collection also includes photographs of certain family members, especially Mary Rebecca Denny and Katharine Morrison McMillan Denny.
Summary Records of Faculty Governance of Charlotte College and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Includes correspondence, minutes, and reports of the General Faculty (later Faculty Council) and faculty committees, along with files of the Faculty President, covering topics such as curriculum, grants, honorary degrees, and other matters of university governance. Also includes numerous revisions of the faculty constitution.
Collection — Box: SFC1 [F09.090.02.01], Folder: 54
Overview Papers of Hoyt Galvin, as chair of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Education Committee (1954-56), whose work helped to gain support and funding for Charlotte and Carver colleges.
Dates: 1953 - 1957; 1954 - 1956
Overview Records of the Student Government Association of Charlotte College and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte covering topics such as legislature proceedings, student organizations, finances, activity fees, elections, and administrative matters.
Dates: 1950 - 2018
- Names: Charlotte College X
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 7
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 3
- College students -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 3
- Correspondence 3
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 3
- Minutes (administrative records) 3
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 3
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Faculty 3
- Bylaws (administrative records) 2
- College buildings -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Committees 2
- Community colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Education, Higher -- Administration 2
- Photographs 2
- Academic libraries 1
- Academic library directors 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Archival materials 1
- Audiovisual materials 1
- Building plans 1
- Buildings -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Photographs 1
- College administrators -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- College athletes -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- College presidents -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- College sports -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Constitutions 1
- Education -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Educational fund raising 1
- Farm life -- North Carolina -- Red Springs 1
- Farm life -- North Carolina -- Robeson County 1
- Financial records 1
- Legislative records 1
- Libraries and community -- North Carolina 1
- Library buildings -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Library employees 1
- Library statistics 1
- Membership lists 1
- Memorandums 1
- Minutes 1
- Newsletters 1
- Online library catalogs 1
- Personnel records 1
- Photographic prints 1
- Red Springs (N.C.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Robeson County (N.C.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Rural families -- North Carolina -- Red Springs 1
- Rural families -- North Carolina -- Robeson County 1
- Scholarships 1
- School records 1
- Sisi (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Slides (photographs) 1
- Student activities -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Student government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Student government--Elections. 1
- Student government. 1
- Student-administrator relationships. 1
- Surveys (documents) 1
- Teacher participation in administration -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Universities and Colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Employess 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration 1 ∧ less