Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview The collection concerns primarily Dr. Frank Barnes’ leadership of a conservative “watch-dog” group known as Citizens for Effective Government, in Charlotte, North Carolina, from the late 1980s to 1995. It also includes records Barnes kept once he retired from the CEFG, 1995-2001. The CFEG lobbied for minimization of local government bureaucracy and taxes.
Dates: 1985 - 2000
Overview Papers of Andrew P. “Sam” Haywood, while the principal of West Charlotte High School documenting his advocacy of the open school philosophy in the 1974-75 academic year.
Dates: 1974 - 1975
Overview This manuscript collection was accumulated by Dr. A. Roslyn Mickelson, a professor of Sociology at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, in her role as an expert witness in litigation between the Charlotte Mecklenburg School system and the parents of Cristina Capacchione. Other papers include those concerning IBM Education Village and Mickelson's research in school-to-work transition.
Dates: 1959 - 2005
Overview The collection contains a small quantity of material concerning the history of Piedmont Junior High School in Charlotte, NC, mostly from the early 1930s to the late 1940s.
Dates: 1925 - 1978
Overview This collection contains the records for the Project Opporunity committee from 1969-1970.
Dates: 1969 - 1970
Overview Papers of the chair of the Citizens Advisory Group (CAG), formed in 1973 to develop pupil assignment guidelines for integrating Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools. Includes clippings, correspondence, findings and recommendations, reports, worksheets, notes, the CAG plan for pupil reassignment, and the joint proposal for school assignment that was ultimately approved.
Dates: 1972 - 1974
Overview Contains a wide assortment of papers, reports and records accumulated by Louise Woods, while serving as the representative from the fourth district on the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education, in Charlotte, North Carolina, from 1995-2005.
- Names: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 6
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 1
- Busing for school integration -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Education, Secondary -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Junior high schools -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- African Americans -- Education 1
- Bonds -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Busing for school integration -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, N.C. : 1916) 1
- Education, Elementary -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Educational change -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Elections -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Junior high schools -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Magnet schools -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) 1
- Open plan schools -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Public schools -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Quill (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- School boards -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- School integration -- North Carolina 1
- School integration -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- School integration -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Planning 1
- School integration -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County -- Planning 1
- School principals -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- School-to-work transition 1
- Teachers colleges 1 ∧ less