Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Transcriptions of some of the 19th century letters and papers in Special Collections Manuscripts at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Atkins Library. Most transcriptions include photocopies of the applicable manuscripts with notations made by transcribers. These transcriptions were part of the course work for Dr. Boyd Davis' class on the History of the English Language.
Scope and Contents The English Language Oral Histories contains literary projects developed in 1995 and 1996. These projects may include a transcription of an oral interview, a linguistics analysis of the interview subject and a historical analysis. Some were produced in photodocumentary form and include pictures. These projects were part of English courses taught by Dr. Boyd Davis at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.In 1979 Ed Perzel conducted a large number of interviews of people of...
Dates: 1995 - 1996
- Names: Davis, Boyd H. X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Personal narratives 1
- Correspondence 1
- English language -- Semantics, Historical 1
- Gaston County (N.C.) -- Personal narratives 1
- Social history -- 19th century 1
- Statesville (N.C.) -- History 1 ∧ less