Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection consists of papers generated primarily by Kelly M. Alexander, junior, as a result of his work with the NAACP at the local, state levels and national levels. Other papers in this collection were generated by Mrs. Margaret Alexander (widow of Kelly M. Alexander, senior), and Alfred Alexander (Kelly junior's brother) in his capacity as president of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Chapter of the NAACP. The collection contains a wide variety of documentation concerning nearly all aspects...
Overview Papers documenting Alexander's service with the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, including the Charlotte branch, his presidency of the North Carolina State Conference of Branches, and his membership on and chairing of the national board of directors. Includes minutes, correspondence, reports, speeches, programs, news releases, membership records, documentation on NAACP-initiated court cases, and material on voter education projects. Also includes material on the...
Overview Collection contains the papers of Charles A. McLean, primarily during his work as an officer of the North Carolina NAACP. Other papers were produced as a result of his business activities or by his family.
- Names: National Association for the Advancement of Colored People X
- Civil rights -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- School integration -- North Carolina 2
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- North Carolina 1
- African Americans -- North Carolina 1
- African Americans -- Suffrage -- North Carolina 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Race relations 1
- Civil rights movements -- North Carolina 1
- Civil rights movements -- United States 1
- Discrimination in employment -- North Carolina 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) 1
- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century 1
- Race discrimination -- North Carolina 1
- Race discrimination -- United States 1
- School integration -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Voting -- North Carolina 1 ∧ less