Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Call Number: OH-OS
Overview These interviews discuss the history and significance of open schools in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school system. Coinciding with court-ordered busing and following a national trend in education, three optional open school programs were opened in Charlotte-Mecklenburg in the early 1970s, including Irwin Avenue Elementary School, Piedmont Middle School, and West Charlotte High School. From the beginning these schools were supported by a diverse parent body, including many community leaders, and...
Call Number: MS0355
Overview The collection contains a small quantity of material concerning the history of Piedmont Junior High School, in Charlotte, NC, mostly from the early 1930s to the late 1940s.
- Names: Piedmont Junior High School (Charlotte, N.C.) X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Cassette tapes 1
- Education -- North Carolina 1
- Interviews (Sound recordings) 1
- Junior high schools -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Junior high schools -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1