Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Summary Records of the Department of English of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte from 1964 to 1981 and 1993.
Dates: 1964-1981, 1993
Scope and Contents The English Language Oral Histories contains literary projects developed in 1995 and 1996. These projects may include a transcription of an oral interview, a linguistics analysis of the interview subject and a historical analysis. Some were produced in photodocumentary form and include pictures. These projects were part of English courses taught by Dr. Boyd Davis at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.In 1979 Ed Perzel conducted a large number of interviews of people of...
Dates: 1995 - 1996
Overview Though the collection was accumulated by Anne Newman, a faculty member in the UNC Charlotte English Department, the materials mostly concern other writers—Adrienne Rich, in particular.
Dates: 1976 - 1979; 1979
Overview Material from a two-semester class taught in 1977-78 by Dr. Ann C. Carver of the UNC Charlotte English Department and funded through a grant from the Modern Languages Association. Contains reports, class planning materials and course evaluations, and student cultural autobiographies, research projects, and related course work materials. Includes studies of Gertrude Weil, Cherokee women, Nell Battle Lewis, Anna Burgwyn, evangelists the Reverend Preilo and Queen Estelle Thompson, Eunice Pace...
Dates: 1977 - 1978
- Names: University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dept. of English X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 2
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 1
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Authors, American 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Personal narratives 1
- Gaston County (N.C.) -- Personal narratives 1
- Literature -- Study and teaching -- North Carolina 1