Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Call Number: MS0367
Overview Collection 367 is a small arrangement of papers, concerning primarily Jack Boyte’s career in architectural preservation in Charlotte, North Carolina in the late twentieth century.
Call Number: UA0065
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photographic prints of Charlotte College and includes prints of the Central High School location as well as the present site on Highway 49, to which the college moved in 1961. Topics of interest include athletics, especially basketball (including the Charlotte Owls); campus buildings; and student organizations and activities, including classes, clubs, dances, fraternities, awards, and publications. Other topics include faculty and staff, academic departments,...
Collection — Box: 1 [F09.071.02.01]
Call Number: MS0239
Scope and Contents Minutes of meetings of the stockholders and board of directors of a corporation organized in 1926 to construct a new law building. The building - designed by Louis H. Asbury and located on East Avenue (now East Trade Street) was demolished in the mid-1990s to make way for a new county jail facility.
Call Number: MS0275
Overview The collection contains a large number of architectural drawings of buildings (residential, commercial, educational, professional, industrial and spiritual) that were built in the Charlotte, N.C. metrolina area from 1923 to the early 1970s. Over the years, the firm has had six different corporate names.
Call Number: MS0340
Overview The J.A. Jones Construction Company was founded in the 1890s by James Addison Jones in Charlotte, North Carolina. The collection primarily consists of project files with accompanying photographs and project information sheets.
Call Number: UA0056
Scope and Contents The J. Murrey Atkins Library Records document the history and functions of UNC Charlotte’s Atkins Library and its predecessor, the library at Charlotte College. This collection consists of correspondence, memoranda, meeting minutes, annual reports, newsletters, statistics, working papers, subject files, photographs, building plans, and memorabilia. Also included are accession books and financial ledgers from the Charlotte College library dating from 1957 to 1964 and audio-visual recordings of...
Call Number: MS0158
Overview Records of Mecklenburg County’s oldest and largest historical organization from its establishment in 1954. Includes minutes, programs, financial records, and information on historic preservation projects sponsored by the association. Also includes photographs of the 1948 production of LeGette Blythe's outdoor drama, Shout Freedom!, material about the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence and its observance, and general information on local history.
Call Number: MS0115
Overview Contents of old scrapbooks which include advertising material for a Charlotte-based hosiery mill founded in 1923 by William Nebel, a German immigrant, and purchased in 1968 by Morris Speizman. Also includes photographs of employees.
Call Number: MS0194
Overview Primarily correspondence of the Widows's Fund, a life insurance program for lodge members. Also includes general material on local lodges and architectural drawings for the Masonic Temple in uptown Charlotte (demolished 1987).
Call Number: MS0098
Overview Primarily biographical material about a prominent Charlotte architect and advertising material relating to Odell Associates, Inc., the firm he founded in 1940. Also includes central area and cultural plans for Charlotte and Raleigh, a film documenting the opening of the Charlotte Coliseum/Ovens Auditorium complex in 1955, and a pictorial map of historic sites in Cabarrus County.
- Subject: Buildings -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 11
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 2
- Charlotte College 2
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 2
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Oasis Temple (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Omar Temple (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Asbury, Louis H. (Louis Humbert) 1
- Boyte, Jack O. (Jack Orr) 1
- Charlotte College -- Office of Information 1
- Charlotte Law Building (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Cone, Bonnie E. , 1907-2003 1
- Davidson family 1
- Festival in the Park (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Hawkins Kibler Associates 1
- J.A. Jones Construction 1
- Marsh, M. R. (Marion Rossiter) 1
- Mecklenburg Historical Association 1
- Nebel Knitting Company 1
- Nebel Knitting Mill (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Oasis and Omar Temple, N.M.S. (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Odell, Arthur Gould 1
- Perzel, Edward Spaulding 1
- United States Courthouse (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- United States Post Office (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- Whitney, A. Grant (Adelbert Grant) 1
- Woodward, James H. (University chancellor) 1 ∧ less