Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Call Number: UA0065
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photographic prints of Charlotte College and includes prints of the Central High School location as well as the present site on Highway 49, to which the college moved in 1961. Topics of interest include athletics, especially basketball (including the Charlotte Owls); campus buildings; and student organizations and activities, including classes, clubs, dances, fraternities, awards, and publications. Other topics include faculty and staff, academic departments,...
Call Number: MS0124
Overview Primarily papers and photographs of a president of the J. B. Ivey Department Store chain, which was later absorbed into Dillard's. About one-half of the manuscript portion of the collection includes material relating to Ivey’s foreign travels (1959-68); the other half contains material about company founder J. B. Ivey, the operation of the original Charlotte store and chain, and David Ovens, long-time partner and executive. The photographic portion of the collection includes a filmstrip and...
Call Number: MS0179
Overview Photographs of scenes of the Myers Park neighborhood and downtown Charlotte used in Legacy: The Myers Park Story (1986) by Mary Norton Kratt and Thomas W. Hanchett.
Call Number: MS0184
Overview Photographs collected by the association for its book, Legacy: the Myers Park Story (1986), written by Mary Norton Kratt and Thomas W. Hanchett.
Call Number: MS0435
Overview Black and white photographs (many with negatives) taken by photographic essayist, Steve Perille.
Call Number: MS0383
Overview The collection contains photographs and written reports that resulted from course assignments in the UNC Charlotte Art Department between 1981 and 2002.
Call Number: MS0138
Overview Part I of this collection contains approximately 19,757 negatives taken by William Hoke Sumner Jr., a professional photographer. The earliest photograph is dated 1939, but the bulk of the collection covers the period from 1945 to 1965. The collection consists primarily of black and white negatives in one of three sizes: large (3 1/2" x 4 1/2"), medium (2 1/4" x 2 1/4"), or 35 mm. There are a few color negatives and positives and a few proofs. Based on Sumner's original order, the negatives have...
- Subject: Charlotte (N.C.) -- Photographs X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 6
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 1
- Hanchett, Thomas W., Legacy, the Myers Park story 2
- Kratt, Mary Norton, Legacy, the Myers Park story 2
- Charlotte College 1
- Charlotte College -- Office of Information 1
- Ivey family 1
- Ivey, George M. (George Melvin) 1
- Ivey, J. B. (Joseph Benjamin) 1
- J.B. Ivey & Company 1
- Mason, Esten B. (Esten Bohannan ) 1
- Myers Park Homeowners Association (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Ovens, David, 1872-1957 1
- Penland School of Handicrafts 1
- Perille, Steve 1
- Strawn, Martha 1
- Sumner, William H. (William Hoke) 1
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dept. of Art 1 ∧ less