Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Overview Primarily pictorial directories of Charlotte Rotary Club, Dilworth Rotary Club, and Charlotte-North Rotary Club.
Overview Programs for musical, dramatic, and other cultural events held primarily in the Charlotte area. Includes programs from such groups as the Charlotte Opera Association (1962-86) and its successor, Opera Carolina (1986-92), Charlotte Summer Theatre (1962-69), Charlotte Symphony (1970-93), Little Theatre (1962-76), Mint Museum of Art (1963-77), North Carolina Dance Theater (1992-2000) and Oratorio Singers (1969-94).
Overview Personal papers of Elbert Kirtley (E.K.) Fretwell, Jr. (1923-2012), the second chancellor of UNC Charlotte (1979-1989). Includes files regarding his service as Vice Consul in Czechoslovakia; his education and early teaching days; his positions at City University of New York, State University of New York at Buffalo, and UNC Charlotte; his involvement with various associations and commissions concerning higher education and transportation, including numerous trips abroad; his publications,...
Abstract Papers of the Powell, Poole, O’Rorke, and Claney families of Charlotte, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and New York City, concerning various aspects of their entertainment careers. Individuals featured in the papers include Conza Howell and her husband, Howard Moorehead Claney. The collection primarily consists of correspondence and photographs.
Scope and Contents The collection is a miscellany of materials (cards, flyers, brochures, programs, etc.) from the Charlotte gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community. It also includes three or four posters about Charlotte Gay Pride, and "Coming Out" events. These materials are duplicates from the collection at Duke.
Overview Diaries of a worker in Charlotte’s Louise Cotton Mill. Topics mentioned include textile mills, religion, the weather, activities of family and friends, and public events from local to the international.
Overview Miscellaneous papers of the family, particularly those of Leon B. Newell, a Charlotte physician. Includes certificates, correspondence, genealogical materials, a household inventory (1916), newspaper clippings, photographs, notes and miscellaneous receipts.
Overview Primarily correspondence of the Widows's Fund, a life insurance program for lodge members. Also includes general material on local lodges and architectural drawings for the Masonic Temple in uptown Charlotte (demolished 1987).
Overview Collection is a small assortment of papers and scrapbooks produced by Winifred Barbour Simpson, from 1931 to 1984. The most notable items in the collection are her scrapbooks (which mostly concern her attendance of Charlotte Technical High School) and the papers that she and her (future) husband produced during WWII.
Overview The collection contains photographs and written reports that resulted from course assignments in the UNC Charlotte Art Department between 1981 and 2002.
- Subject: Charlotte (N.C.) -- Social life and customs X
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Oasis Temple (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Omar Temple (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Buffalo State College 1
- Caldwell family 1
- Charlotte Dilworth South End Rotary Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte North Rotary Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Rotary Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Technical High School (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte observer (Charlotte, N.C. : 1916) 1
- City University of New York. Administration 1
- City-County Consolidation Study Committee (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Claney, Conza Howell 1
- Claney, Howard 1
- Coldstream Plantation (Mayesville, S.C.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 1
- Housing Authority of the City of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Howell family 1
- Irwin family 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library. University Archives 1
- John Hay Whitney Foundation 1
- Lindsay family 1
- Louise Cotton Mills 1
- McAlpine, Erastus C. 1
- Mountain Island Textile Mill (Gaston County, N.C.) 1
- Munn, James Buell 1
- New York State American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 1
- Newell family 1
- Newell, Leone Burns 1
- North Carolina Transportation Museum 1
- North Carolina. State Board of Education. North Carolina Education Standards and Accountability Commission 1
- O'Rourke family 1
- Oasis and Omar Temple, N.M.S. (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Phifer family 1
- Pictorial Engraving Company--Photographs 1
- Poole family 1
- Poole, Helon Powell 1
- Powell family 1
- Pride Charlotte--(Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Rosedale (N.C. : Plantation)--Photographs 1
- Rotary Club of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Rotary International. District 7680 (N.C.) 1
- Saratoga (Aircraft carrier : CVA-60) 1
- Selby, Forest 1
- Simpson, Leonard Walker 1
- Simpson, Winifred Barbour 1
- Strawn, Martha 1
- Tate family 1
- Tate, John Austin 1
- Tate, Sarah Wilson 1
- Templeton family 1
- United States. Consulate (Prague, Czechoslovakia) 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dept. of Art 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 1
- Wadsworth, Margaret 1
- Whitsett family 1
- Whitsett, Kenneth Wilson 1
- Whitton, Beaumert 1
- Wilson family 1
- Witherspoon family 1 ∧ less