Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Overview The collection consists of photocopies of documents pertaining to two prominent families in Charlotte, NC: the Belks and the Everetts. Most of the collection consists of correspondence with Herschel Hill Everett, his daughter, Ann, and her husband, Henderson Belk.
Dates: 1886 - 1971
Overview Papers documenting Bernstein's work in the Charlotte arts community (including the Charlotte Symphony, Bechtler Museum and Blumenthal Performing Arts Center), Shalom Park and its constituent organizations and the Charlotte law community. Contains correspondence, newspaper articles, deeds, awards, lectures, journals and printed works.
Dates: 1943 - 2015
Overview Personal papers, correspondence and memorabilia from Anita S. Brown. Includes materials from her nearly 30 years at Eastern Air Lines.
Dates: 1960 - 2003
Overview Campus Pride is a national nonprofit organization for student leaders and campus groups working to create a safer college environment for LGBT students. Materials include organizational records, publications and ephemera, and teaching materials.
Dates: circa 2001-2014
Overview The Charlotte Business guild was created in 1992 as a professional network for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and allied members of the community. The collection includes organization records such as meeting minutes, a member directory, newsletters, donation letters, and clippings.
Dates: 1998 - 2014
Collection — Volume: 1 [F09.135.05.02]
Overview Clippings from newspapers from Louisville, K.Y., Philadelphia, P.A., and Baltimore, M.D., primarily concerning the Civil War. Dates from these clippings span the years of 1858-1879.
Abstract Records of the Harry Golden Fund Committee.
Dates: 1969 - 1974
Overview Sue Henry is a gay rights pioneer in Charlotte, North Carolina. The papers consist of materials created and collected by Sue Henry as proprietor of the Rising Moon Books & Beyond bookstore, Charlotte mayoral candidate, and member of a range of social and political organizations.
Dates: 1992 - 2002
Overview Avery Hood was the first professionally trained and licensed social worker in Charlotte, and her career spanned from the 1960s through the 1970s. This collection focuses mainly on her and her career in social work.
Dates: circa 1950-1990
Scope and Contents Personal and professional papers including organizational records, magazine and newspaper articles, political buttons, books, posters, decorated HIV vest, brochures.
Dates: 1976 - 2011
- Subject: Clippings (information artifacts) X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 11
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-687-1170] 1
- Golden, Harry, 1902-1981 2
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art 1
- Belk family 1
- Belk, Ann Everett, 1927- 1
- Belk, Henderson, 1923-2011 1
- Belk, Inc 1
- Bernstein, Adam 1
- Bernstein, Evelyn Greenfield 1
- Bernstein, Mark R., 1930-2015 1
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Center 1
- Brown, Anita Stewart, 1916-2003 1
- Campus Pride (Organization) 1
- Charlotte Business Guild (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Country Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Redevelopment Commission 1
- Charlotte Symphony Orchestra 1
- Clark, Ramsey, 1927- 1
- Coming Out Project (Human Rights Campaign) 1
- Covington, Howard E., Jr., 1944- 1
- Crow, Jeffrey J. 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc. 1
- Edmisten, Rufus, 1941- 1
- Ellis, Marion A. 1
- Everett family 1
- Everett, Cornelia Nesbit, 1898-2001 1
- Everett, Herschel Hill, 1898-1973 1
- Feldman, Thomas A. 1
- Foundation for the Carolinas 1
- Foundation of Shalom Park 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 1
- Henry, Sue L. 1
- Hood, Avery McConnell, 1911-1996 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library. Harry Golden Fund 1
- Jones-Deutsch, Lenore 1
- Kuester, Clarence O. (Clarence Otto), 1876-1948 1
- Lambda 10 Project 1
- Levine Museum of the New South 1
- Lions Clubs International 1
- McGovern, George S. (George Stanley), 1922-2012 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- Department of Social Services 1
- National Association of Social Workers. North Carolina Chapter 1
- North Carolina Caseworkers Association 1
- Perry, Jack, 1930- 1
- Rising Moon Books & Beyond (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Sevearance, Chad 1
- Time Out Youth (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro 1
- Variety Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Windmeyer, Shane L. 1 ∧ less