Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview Primarily pictorial directories of Charlotte Rotary Club, Dilworth Rotary Club, and Charlotte-North Rotary Club.
Overview The Civitan Club in Charlotte was founded in 1924 by a group of 73 young Charlotte business and professional men. Includes reports, financial material, membership information, minutes, bound volumes of Civi-Chats (the club’s newsletter), and an essay on the club's fiftieth anniversary in 1971.
Overview The Charlotte's Women's Club is the oldest civic organization in Charlotte. Organized in 1899 as the Study Club for Mothers, that group enlarged its membership and civic activities in 1902 and became the Charlotte Woman's Club. Includes minutes, newsletters, programs, financial records, 1924 register, scrapbooks, correspondence, and membership applications.
Overview Records of a DAR chapter organized in 1908 to commemorate Liberty Hall Academy, North Carolina's first college, which was established in Charlotte in 1771 under the name Queen's College. Contains minutes, correspondence, programs, and financial material but no membership applications. Also includes 15 scrapbooks documenting local history and the activities of the chapter.
Overview Records of a DAR chapter founded in 1912 by descendents of the signers of the disputed Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence. Includes membership applications, minutes, yearbooks, financial records, memorials to deceased members, information on historical markers erected by the chapter, scrapbooks, and material concerning the Mecklenburg Declaration and the preservation of the home of Hezekiah Alexander.
Overview The collection contains items related to Frances Strouse's tenure at the Zonta Club, primarily from 1980-1981. It contains a photo album, member directory and a 1976 issue of Zontian, the official magazine of Zonta International.
Overview The collection contains a wide variety of materials generated by the Swank Social Club—a club of African-American men in Charlotte, NC, beginning in 1934.
Abstract Papers relating to Worrell's role as advisor to the Charlotte Junior Music Club and the Epsilon Chapter of Pi Mu. Includes correspondence, programs, and photographs.
- Subject: Clubs -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- Charlotte Civitan Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Dilworth South End Rotary Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte North Rotary Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Rotary Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Woman's Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Liberty Hall Chapter (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence Chapter (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- McDonald, John W. (John William) 1
- National Federation of Music Clubs. Junior Division. (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Patterson, J. Will 1
- Rotary International. District 7680 (N.C.) 1
- Spears, John M. (John Merrick) 1
- Strouse, Frances J. 1
- Swank Social Club 1
- Swank Social Club--Records and correspondence 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1
- Worrell, Martha Dorn 1 ∧ less