Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview The William Burgess papers comprise records related to Burgess's work for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission and as Town Planner for the town of Davidson, North Carolina. Materials include notebooks, sketchbooks, and a range of architectural drawings.
Dates: circa 1980-2000
Overview Collection consists of discarded photographs, slides, and photocopies of pamphlets from Charlotte's Redevelopment Commission. Photographs are of neighborhoods, apartment complexes, streets, and roads before and after renewal projects. Photocopied pamplets advertise the Charlotte Redevelopment Commission, progress reports on urban renewal of Charlotte, N.C., and future projects for uptown Charlotte, N.C.
Overview The interviews in this collection chronicle the significant changes that occurred in the Charlotte region from the 1930s to the beginning of the 21st century and were conducted by students in Dr. David Goldfield's history classes between 1990 and 2006.
Overview UNC Charlotte graduate students conducted the interviews in this collection in 2004 and 2007 as the centerpiece of a class on “Oral History and Memory” directed by professor Karen Flint. The oral history project sought to document Brooklyn’s history, including social, cultural and economic aspects of the neighborhood.
UNC Charlotte Honors College and Charlotte Action Research Project Interviews on Charlotte Neighborhoods
Overview This collection documents the history of several of Charlotte's inner core neighborhoods through the recollections of community members. Residents of Optimist Park, Washington Heights, and Druid Hills share their life stories and discuss their neighborhoods, offering insight into the significance of community, the human cost of neighborhood change, and the shifting landscape of affordable housing in Charlotte. As gentrification increases in Charlotte, a risk exists that the unique history of...
Dates: 2015 - 2017
Overview Records of the UNC Charlotte Urban Institute covering topics such as the development of University Place, the Southeast Waste Exchange, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, and the civic index project. Records pertaining to the institute's 35th anniversary are also included, along with a prototype for a game and a reel of film from the 1968 Piedmont Cresent Conference.
Dates: 1966 - 2004
- Subject: Community development, Urban -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 3
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 2
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 1
- Burgess, Ansley 1
- Burgess, Warren L. 1
- Charlotte Redevelopment Commission 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1