Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview Programs for musical, dramatic, and other cultural events held primarily in the Charlotte area. Includes programs from such groups as the Charlotte Opera Association (1962-86) and its successor, Opera Carolina (1986-92), Charlotte Summer Theatre (1962-69), Charlotte Symphony (1970-93), Little Theatre (1962-76), Mint Museum of Art (1963-77), North Carolina Dance Theater (1992-2000) and Oratorio Singers (1969-94).
Dates: 1897 - 2015; 1935 - 2015
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two musical scores and an audio recording. The first is UNC Charlotte’s “Fight Song” composed in 1999 by Harry Bulow. Included is a master score, individual parts for each instrument, and an audio recording from 2004. The second is “Fanfare Solenne,” which was composed by UNC Charlotte faculty member Dr. John Valerio and was commissioned by Dr. Loy Witherspoon for Chancellor Philip Dubois’s installation as chancellor in 2006. Also included in the file is a memorandum...
Dates: 1999 - 2006
Overview One Voice exists to present a public face and voice of the LGBT community. The One Voice Chorus records include: recordings of concerts on various formats (VHS, CD), programs, records of business and financial transactions, personnel records, documents relating to the selection of music and performers, feedback forms, and other materials.
Dates: 1990 - 2013
Overview Corporate, financial and program records of Spirit Square Center for Arts and Education, Inc. in Charlotte, N.C. During its 21-year existence (1976-1997) Spirit Square Center provided a venue for musical and theatrical performances, art classes and studios, and gallery space. It also served as an incubator for fledgling art groups, including the Charlotte Repertory Theater and the Light Factory.
Dates: 1975 - 1997
Overview Contains articles, correspondence and performance programs from Woodruff's career as choral director for UNC Greensboro and UNC Charlotte. Also contains audio recordings of choir performances from 1959-1967.
Dates: 1950 - 1967; Majority of material found within 1959
- Subject: Music -- Performance -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 4
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-687-1170] 1
- Bulow, Harry 1
- Charlotte Repertory Theatre (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- J. Murrey Atkins Library. University Archives 1
- Light Factory (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- One Voice Chorus (Charlotte, NC) 1