Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview Materials from the case files of a Charlotte law firm documenting the lawsuit of Brenizer v. Stephens, et al., in an effort to remove residential restrictions on property in the Myers Park neighborhood of Charlotte. Includes correspondence, court documents, clippings, photographs and maps.
Dates: 1941 - 1945
Overview Contains slides, photographs and negatives documenting historic neighborhoods in Charlotte. Also includes newsletters concerning historic preservation.
Overview Interviews conducted for UNC-Chapel Hill's Southern Oral History Program that document the changing nature of the Belmont neighborhood of Charlotte, particularly in light of the destruction of the Piedmont Courts Housing Project in 2006 and the lack of affordable housing in the area.
Collection — Oversize Box: 1 [F09.075.03.07]
Overview Minute book of the Stephens Company, which owned and developed the property that became Myers Park, Charlotte, NC
Dates: 1911 - 1922
UNC Charlotte Honors College and Charlotte Action Research Project Interviews on Charlotte Neighborhoods
Overview This collection documents the history of several of Charlotte's inner core neighborhoods through the recollections of community members. Residents of Optimist Park, Washington Heights, and Druid Hills share their life stories and discuss their neighborhoods, offering insight into the significance of community, the human cost of neighborhood change, and the shifting landscape of affordable housing in Charlotte. As gentrification increases in Charlotte, a risk exists that the unique history of...
Dates: 2015 - 2017
- Subject: Neighborhoods -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 4
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 2
- Cansler & Cansler 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Department. Charlotte Historic District Commission 1
- Hanchett, Thomas W. 1
- Southern Oral History Program 1
- Stephens Company (Charlotte, N.C.) 1